look what i found in my half box today

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have found these things before but today i found 154 of them in one box. it is a sticker that says aunt chiladas easy street cafe est. 1988. so i google it and get a phone number 843-785-7700 and i call it right at lunch time. i tell the girl that answers the phone that i want to know what i have won since i have found several halves with their ads on them. at first she plays dumb but i just keep pestering her with questions about prizes and such and she then tells me that they use halves at "happy hour" as change for 50 cent beer and that i had not won anything. i could tell she wanted to get off the phone so i asked her why they did that and told her that it was very confusing for someone and i just started to act stupid and waste her time. why did i do this? because in my book this is worse than marking coins. maybe we all should call them and request a prize :tongue3: :tongue3:

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 977
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 957
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 955
Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
those things are everywhere. i found a few yesterday in my20 boxes. funny thing is up to the time i found those 100's of them i thought i was getting the same coins back every other week or so. still say they should not mark them. i have called them a few times just to pester them and ask stupid questions about why they marked the coins.
What'd they say? Figure it is good advertising myself, cheap too- everybody that gets it is gonna read it too!

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
said they sell 50 cent beer during happy hour and they give them out as change when somebody pays with a dollar. guess i got the town drunks change that week :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread