I am finding very little silver. My brother keeps hitting the jackpot.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I take him out with me? I need some of that luck.

OP
OP
K

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
JasonB said:
Sounds like you need to take him on a road trip!

That's amazing.

He lives in Michigan and I'm currently in Nebraska. It is surprising since MI has 15%+ unemployment. I assumed there would be 100 people crh in his area.

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Where is he hunting in Michigan, i hope he is not intruding into my space !

We have wars around over CRHing

Me and my cousins have our area seperated into equal divider lines ( streets ) where we can and cant hunt ! My cousin is BigJ he posted in here a few times finds lots of silver too! Michigan is in dyer need of cash, and most people dont know that those coins are worth more than face value, there just cashing them in for cash to pay bills!

OP
OP
K

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
Holmes said:

Me and my cousins have our area seperated into equal divider lines ( streets ) where we can and cant hunt ! My cousin is BigJ he posted in here a few times finds lots of silver too! Michigan is in dyer need of cash, and most people dont know that those coins are worth more than face value, there just cashing them in for cash to pay bills!

Sounds about right. My brother said that the teller told him "Some guy keeps bringing them in. We can't get rid of them."

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Holmes said:

What up H! I kind of agree with that statement of cashing in old coin and ignorance, but then why were they saving them in the first place?

OP
OP
K

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
Fistfulladirt said:
"Some guy keeps bringing them in". LOL! My dumps!

Except in this case the guy is bringing in about 80-85% silver halves!

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I have been to michigan and had some great scores there. Bled one area till it was bone dry. Got to be the economy. Your brother has got some good luck I would go out with him and see if you can latch on to it.

Golden Silver

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I thought everybody in NE cared too much about the Huskers to bother with CRHing. I think road trips are the way to go, there are TONS of little towns and they all have banks. Ever hear of the town called du bois? It has 127 people but it also has a bank that is NOW free of silver halves thanks to me. Another town called Johnson has 218 people and they used to have 114 40%ers and 12 90%ers. I'm planning a road trip into Iowa sometime next month.

OP
OP
K

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
packfan_1982 said:
I thought everybody in NE cared too much about the Huskers to bother with CRHing. I think road trips are the way to go, there are TONS of little towns and they all have banks. Ever hear of the town called du bois? It has 127 people but it also has a bank that is NOW free of silver halves thanks to me. Another town called Johnson has 218 people and they used to have 114 40%ers and 12 90%ers. I'm planning a road trip into Iowa sometime next month.

You are probably right. I just finished opening 10 boxes and found only 4 40% Kennedys. To make matters worse, one of the rolls was short 2 coins. Sounds like you've got a good thing going with the road trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread