first hunt of month

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Yeah, that happened to me too. I asked if they had any halves, and she held up a '64 Ken. She said, sure, you can have it, it's silver. I was thinking WOW, why would you willfully give it up?!!

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Same thing happened to me this month. 1964 BU Kennedy. Teller says to me "that one has some silver in it.

Hey, they can't be bothered. Let's me thankful.

OWS

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of times what happens is that they (tellers) may accumulate a few silvers, head down to the local jeweler or coin shop, and are offered a buck or two for a 90% silver half. Hardly worth it? ffd

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Coins4Cheese said:
Yeah, that happened to me too. I asked if they had any halves, and she held up a '64 Ken. She said, sure, you can have it, it's silver. I was thinking WOW, why would you willfully give it up?!!

That's what happens to those who drink chemically laced tap water, it makes them docile and dopey. :tongue3:

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
obediah said:
Coins4Cheese said:

That's what happens to those who drink chemically laced tap water, it makes them docile and dopey. :tongue3:

Oh crud... *runs to hospital*

OP
OP
fisher2

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im wondering if i should go back sometime and buy alot of dimes quarters etc im iflling up folders anyway maybe i could ask them to just save the silver? or whould that be bad i know its agenst the rules

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
u
Understand, just because we do this as a hobby and a form of profit doesn't mean everyone feels the same way. Just like prospecting for gold, some like doing it and others like to go buy gold jewelry. My buddy at work said he would like too look for gold if he can find a nugget every time. The teller might like knitting and wonders why everyone else doesn't want to do it.
HH
Gilbert

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
On my last road trip same thing happened all I did was say to the lady that I am a collector and she forked over a silver dime, 2 silver certificates and 1 red letter note. Seems some tellers live to make someones day and that is more valuable to some than a truck load of silver.

Golden Silver

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
fisher2 said:
im wondering if i should go back sometime and buy alot of dimes quarters etc im iflling up folders anyway maybe i could ask them to just save the silver? or whould that be bad i know its agenst the rules

Never say the "S" word; especially in a bank. There's enough competition out there.

If you're going to buy any denomination of coin, just buy it. The more selective you get, the more questions will get raised. Just hand over your money, smile and say thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions