IKES

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
If you can find a 1973 you are in luck, minted for mint sets only not released for circulation

1976 variety 1, 1972 variety II

Any proofs you can find (S mint) some were 40% silver others copper nickle clad

Mojo

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Quicksilver,

The best places to pick up lots of Ikes and Halves are in New Haven, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Greenwich, and Westport. Newtown, Danbury, and Brewster, NY are ok for Ikes but better for halves.
If you like finding dimes and quarters the best places are from Greenwich crossing into New York and hitting all of the towns to and including Mt. Kisco.
As far as I know I'm the only one hunting in this area and I can't cover it all. On the downside traffic starts to become very heavy in these areas by 3pm so you have to head out before then.

HH
Rich

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Rich Hartford said:
Quicksilver,

The best places to pick up lots of Ikes and Halves are in New Haven, Bridgeport, Fairfield, Norwalk, Greenwich, and Westport. Newtown, Danbury, and Brewster, NY are ok for Ikes but better for halves.
If you like finding dimes and quarters the best places are from Greenwich crossing into New York and hitting all of the towns to and including Mt. Kisco.
As far as I know I'm the only one hunting in this area and I can't cover it all. On the downside traffic starts to become very heavy in these areas by 3pm so you have to head out before then.

HH
Rich

i hunt this area too

OP
OP
Q

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Thanx for the info guys. Another question please, are the 40% ikes obvious to tell like the halves?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread