Michigan hunters

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I know I'll probably get a lot of crackpot answers or ridicule but here goes anyway.

I took a mapquest map of my area and made a jpg. and pasted it into a powerpoint page and added some circles to show my search area. The inner circle is basically a 1 hr drive for me to get too. and the outer circle represents a 2 hr drive for the most part to reach those boundaries. the larger circle is basically southeastern Mi. with a population of over 4 million people, and well over 1000 banks. and is primarily served by the Chicago branch of the federal reserve in Detroit. The primary armored car company's that service this area are Loomis, Brinks, Garda & Total they all have facility's in Detroit and Loomis has a branch in Flint. Brinks has a branch in Lansing. They both have branches in Grand Rapids the only other branch outside the circled area.

My question is are any of my fellow Tnet CRH's in the same area? I know of at least 2 that post here that are right in my backyard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Mojo

Attachments

• searcharea.jpg
    searcharea.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I was dumping today and another gentleman came in with 4 rolls of halves. so as he approached me at the coin counter he noticed the halves and asked if I was dumping any clads in there and we began our conversation.

Turns out he is a CRH as well but a much smaller scale but told me a story that made me cringe.

He just scored 3 solid rolls of 90%'s yesterday laced with Walking liberty's He also managed to get a solid roll of Silver dollars as the teller who sold him the halves said i got 2 rolls of these big dollars which he did not ask for but bought them at her urging.....

I am sick.... He got these right here in my own neighborhood not my area but literally within blocks of my home. I had been busy painting so I have not done any road trips or cold calling the last couple of weeks. I feel like I blew it. I have only found 1 or 2 silver dollars in the last year searching Southeastern Mi. and this guy gets a whole roll of silver dollars and he did not even ask for them......

Ouch.

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mojo that guy finding solid rolls of silver dollars seems a bit embelished. To make you feel better he may have been purposely tryingn to drive you mad with envy. Large dollar are extrememly hard to come by. This guy would have to have been very lucky especially if he also pulled 3 solid rolls of halves with Walkers. That is one of the best days that I have heard of seriously.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
golden silver said:
Mojo that guy finding solid rolls of silver dollars seems a bit embelished. To make you feel better he may have been purposely tryingn to drive you mad with envy. Large dollar are extrememly hard to come by. This guy would have to have been very lucky especially if he also pulled 3 solid rolls of halves with Walkers. That is one of the best days that I have heard of seriously.

Golden Silver

I thought so too, but I have been doing this long enough to know it can happen.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread