Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    us
    Mar 2008
    Michigan
    2 times

Michigan hunters

I know I'll probably get a lot of crackpot answers or ridicule but here goes anyway.

I took a mapquest map of my area and made a jpg. and pasted it into a powerpoint page and added some circles to show my search area. The inner circle is basically a 1 hr drive for me to get too. and the outer circle represents a 2 hr drive for the most part to reach those boundaries. the larger circle is basically southeastern Mi. with a population of over 4 million people, and well over 1000 banks. and is primarily served by the Chicago branch of the federal reserve in Detroit. The primary armored car company's that service this area are Loomis, Brinks, Garda & Total they all have facility's in Detroit and Loomis has a branch in Flint. Brinks has a branch in Lansing. They both have branches in Grand Rapids the only other branch outside the circled area.

My question is are any of my fellow Tnet CRH's in the same area? I know of at least 2 that post here that are right in my backyard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Mojo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	searcharea.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	341643  
    CRH Mojo "Thanks For buying American"

Oct 2007
    Hampton Roads, VA.
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
    18 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: Michigan hunters

Nope. As you know I am in SE Va. I can't say that is the only place I search but Michigan is a bit far for me even for a road trip. Your safe for now. LOL.

Golden Silver

us
    Mar 2007
    Michigan
    Whites V3i
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey Mojo,

Yep I am in your area (north-west in your outer circle), but I have not bought a box in a long long time, trying to think if I even got one this year and I do not think so. I've been so tied up with other things I haven't been able to do any active CRH-ing. But I still read the forums every day during lunch at work.

In my first year of searching when I was buying boxes they had the Flint stamp on them. I was starting to get burned out a little bit and then the boxes started to finally get "skunky" so I just quit getting them. It was also a big pain to get rid of my dumps. I had pretty much two choices. One I could deposit at my bank in Owosso, I would drop off my change which they eventually would run through their basement machine whenever they felt like it. One time it took them a month to do it, sometimes only a day or two for my account to show the deposit. I said the heck with that. The second option was another place that has a coin machine in their lobby but it was a drive (outside of your circle). I guess I had a third option I never used, that would be to re-roll everything, put either my name and phone number or account number on every wrapper, then cash in...no way I wanted to do that.

Good Luck,

Scott (MI)

us
    Sep 2005
    Knox, Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    97 times

I'm in your inner circle, but don't order halves

HH
    -GC

Apr 2008

I'm a born and bread BUCKEYE and only come to your inner circle once every two years... Your safe from me! (go bucks!)

um
    Sep 2009
    Grand Rapids Michigan

I have not crh'ed in either of your circles im more of a South Western Michigan area

us
    Jan 2009
    E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
    35 times

Mojo -

Only get to Oakland Co. on rare occassions. I'll let you know when.
    Let's keep it positive

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    994 times
    silver surfing

BACK OFF!

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    994 times
    silver surfing

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfulladirt
    BACK OFF!
    J/K Mojo! I won't be back in the game 'till the ground freezes up. ffd

aq
    Sep 2009

Quote Originally Posted by coinmojo
    I know I'll probably get a lot of crackpot answers or ridicule but here goes anyway.

I took a mapquest map of my area and made a jpg. and pasted it into a powerpoint page and added some circles to show my search area. The inner circle is basically a 1 hr drive for me to get too. and the outer circle represents a 2 hr drive for the most part to reach those boundaries. the larger circle is basically southeastern Mi. with a population of over 4 million people, and well over 1000 banks. and is primarily served by the Chicago branch of the federal reserve in Detroit. The primary armored car company's that service this area are Loomis, Brinks, Garda & Total they all have facility's in Detroit and Loomis has a branch in Flint. Brinks has a branch in Lansing. They both have branches in Grand Rapids the only other branch outside the circled area.

My question is are any of my fellow Tnet CRH's in the same area? I know of at least 2 that post here that are right in my backyard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Mojo
    My extraordinarily lucky brother is operating within your outer circle.

us
    Nov 2008
    MI
    Garrett 2500

Had to call it quits early in the game this year but I'm 10 minutes away from Detroit. Plan on giving it another shot in the New Year.

HH
    Rich

Dec 2006
    2 times

Any reason why you don't go into Ohio, or across the border for some Canadian CRHing as well ?

I understand you can't CRH on/in the lakes 8) and I know you're not exactly landlocked, but still, your circles extend out NW from Detroit; rather than Detroit being more in the center of your circle(s).

Just curious.
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

us
    Mar 2008
    Michigan
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by thurmownator
    Any reason why do don't go into Ohio, or across the border for some Canadian CRHing as well ?

I understand you can't CRH on/in the lakes 8), but still, your circles extend out NW from Detroit; rather than Detroit being the center of your circle(s).
    Just curious.
    The Highway system and roads are designed in the shape of spokes in a wheel with Detroit being at the center. So most of the highways head out away from the Lake / river. I'm actually North of the "D" so Toledo is almost a 2 hr. drive. I did that once and found tons of dumps. so I don't go that way any more. Port Huron is less than an hour for me but lot's of CRH's there and very few banks. so I don't go there Either.

Canada. Well It really does not interest me and would be more hassle than it's worth. I have no accounts with Canadian Banks but have accounts with a dozen banks here so I never get turned away.
    CRH Mojo "Thanks For buying American"

us
    Jan 2009
    E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
    35 times

The Highway system and roads are designed in the shape of spokes in a wheel with Detroit being at the center.
    I love a good historian! Thank you Judge Woodward for the great design. If I remember correctly the spokes are Michigan, Gr. River, Gratiot, Jefferson, and Woodward all meeting @ Grand Circus Park and the Mile roads measuring out from there on Woodward. I think 32 mile (Romeo Road) is the last mile road. Is my memory still good?
    Let's keep it positive

us
    Aug 2009

an't me
    REBEL PRIDE!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors