Michigan hunters

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I know I'll probably get a lot of crackpot answers or ridicule but here goes anyway.

I took a mapquest map of my area and made a jpg. and pasted it into a powerpoint page and added some circles to show my search area. The inner circle is basically a 1 hr drive for me to get too. and the outer circle represents a 2 hr drive for the most part to reach those boundaries. the larger circle is basically southeastern Mi. with a population of over 4 million people, and well over 1000 banks. and is primarily served by the Chicago branch of the federal reserve in Detroit. The primary armored car company's that service this area are Loomis, Brinks, Garda & Total they all have facility's in Detroit and Loomis has a branch in Flint. Brinks has a branch in Lansing. They both have branches in Grand Rapids the only other branch outside the circled area.

My question is are any of my fellow Tnet CRH's in the same area? I know of at least 2 that post here that are right in my backyard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Mojo

Attachments

• searcharea.jpg
    searcharea.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Nope. As you know I am in SE Va. I can't say that is the only place I search but Michigan is a bit far for me even for a road trip. Your safe for now. LOL.

Golden Silver

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mojo,

Yep I am in your area (north-west in your outer circle), but I have not bought a box in a long long time, trying to think if I even got one this year and I do not think so. I've been so tied up with other things I haven't been able to do any active CRH-ing. But I still read the forums every day during lunch at work.

In my first year of searching when I was buying boxes they had the Flint stamp on them. I was starting to get burned out a little bit and then the boxes started to finally get "skunky" so I just quit getting them. It was also a big pain to get rid of my dumps. I had pretty much two choices. One I could deposit at my bank in Owosso, I would drop off my change which they eventually would run through their basement machine whenever they felt like it. One time it took them a month to do it, sometimes only a day or two for my account to show the deposit. I said the heck with that. The second option was another place that has a coin machine in their lobby but it was a drive (outside of your circle). I guess I had a third option I never used, that would be to re-roll everything, put either my name and phone number or account number on every wrapper, then cash in...no way I wanted to do that.

Good Luck,

Scott (MI)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in your inner circle, but don't order halves

HH
-GC

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
I'm a born and bread BUCKEYE and only come to your inner circle once every two years... Your safe from me! (go bucks!)

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mojo -

Only get to Oakland Co. on rare occassions. I'll let you know when.

katzky

Sep 15, 2009
coinmojo said:
I know I'll probably get a lot of crackpot answers or ridicule but here goes anyway.

I took a mapquest map of my area and made a jpg. and pasted it into a powerpoint page and added some circles to show my search area. The inner circle is basically a 1 hr drive for me to get too. and the outer circle represents a 2 hr drive for the most part to reach those boundaries. the larger circle is basically southeastern Mi. with a population of over 4 million people, and well over 1000 banks. and is primarily served by the Chicago branch of the federal reserve in Detroit. The primary armored car company's that service this area are Loomis, Brinks, Garda & Total they all have facility's in Detroit and Loomis has a branch in Flint. Brinks has a branch in Lansing. They both have branches in Grand Rapids the only other branch outside the circled area.

My question is are any of my fellow Tnet CRH's in the same area? I know of at least 2 that post here that are right in my backyard.

Feedback is appreciated.

Mojo

My extraordinarily lucky brother is operating within your outer circle.

oracle

Nov 1, 2008
MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Had to call it quits early in the game this year but I'm 10 minutes away from Detroit. Plan on giving it another shot in the New Year.

HH
Rich

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Any reason why you don't go into Ohio, or across the border for some Canadian CRHing as well ?

I understand you can't CRH on/in the lakes 8) and I know you're not exactly landlocked, but still, your circles extend out NW from Detroit; rather than Detroit being more in the center of your circle(s).

Just curious.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
thurmownator said:
Any reason why do don't go into Ohio, or across the border for some Canadian CRHing as well ?

I understand you can't CRH on/in the lakes 8), but still, your circles extend out NW from Detroit; rather than Detroit being the center of your circle(s).
Just curious.

The Highway system and roads are designed in the shape of spokes in a wheel with Detroit being at the center. So most of the highways head out away from the Lake / river. I'm actually North of the "D" so Toledo is almost a 2 hr. drive. I did that once and found tons of dumps. so I don't go that way any more. Port Huron is less than an hour for me but lot's of CRH's there and very few banks. so I don't go there Either.

Canada. Well It really does not interest me and would be more hassle than it's worth. I have no accounts with Canadian Banks but have accounts with a dozen banks here so I never get turned away.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Highway system and roads are designed in the shape of spokes in a wheel with Detroit being at the center.
I love a good historian! Thank you Judge Woodward for the great design. If I remember correctly the spokes are Michigan, Gr. River, Gratiot, Jefferson, and Woodward all meeting @ Grand Circus Park and the Mile roads measuring out from there on Woodward. I think 32 mile (Romeo Road) is the last mile road. Is my memory still good?

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Piercesdad said:
The Highway system and roads are designed in the shape of spokes in a wheel with Detroit being at the center.
I love a good historian! Thank you Judge Woodward for the great design. If I remember correctly the spokes are Michigan, Gr. River, Gratiot, Jefferson, and Woodward all meeting @ Grand Circus Park and the Mile roads measuring out from there on Woodward. I think 32 mile (Romeo Road) is the last mile road. Is my memory still good?

Yep you got it right but I think the mile roads go north a little further they might stop at 39 mile rd. along M53

I think Fort st. is part of it and than there are forks off the spokes near downtown as well with Ford road on heading due west off of Michigan ave. and Van Dyke on the east side heading north off of Gratiot

Attachments

• detroit.jpg
    detroit.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 263

thsfineday

Apr 20, 2009
Taylor, MI.
Detector(s) used
omega 8000, ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with winter around the corner and the time for me to put my detector up for the year is only a few weeks away, i will join the ranks of roll hunting. i live in the little circle area so the chance of us hitting the same banks will be high.sorry

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
thsfineday said:
with winter around the corner and the time for me to put my detector up for the year is only a few weeks away, i will join the ranks of roll hunting. i live in the little circle area so the chance of us hitting the same banks will be high.sorry
TFD, if you are hunting Mojo's circle I'm afraid you will be the one crying. Good luck, ffd

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
thsfineday said:

You should do fine if you stick to the southern side of that circle. Good luck to you.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread