First box ever (and first post)

ranger80

Nov 1, 2009
Fascinated by history and attempting to get some silver for below market value, I went into the local bank and asked if they had any halves in the vault. The teller said she had $500 in there, so I said I'd buy them. This was basically my first time buying coins, and it was kind of odd at first. I started cracking open roll after roll and kept getting nothing but bicentennials . . . figured I was skunked until discovering the first 40% half. It really stood out from the rest. Now that I knew what the silver rims looked like, I started just checking those and found 9 more 40%'s before finishing. I had a lot of fun and plan on going to a couple more banks tomorrow . . . but nothing too diehard I don't think. I don't want to walk into a bank and then all the tellers start trying to take their breaks at once!

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the madness!! Good luck on your future hunts. Also, for good finds, we like pictures.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!
Now that you have rim searched the coins, go back and look them over and see if you have missed any. It is very easy to miss some just by rim searching.
HH
Gilbert

Holmes

Sep 7, 2009
Grand Rapids Michigan
Rim searching halves is quick, but always check dates, how else are you going to know if you have a 1987 ? Plus you can miss an occassional 40% er when checking just rims !

Welcome aboard cant wait to see your pics !
HH

~Holmes~

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to check for any impaired proofs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions