Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
golden silver said:
Ok, Mojo had a good idea to find out who is working in his area. So I figured I would do the same. I am working most of Va. and NE NC. Any of youz guyz in my back yard? It won't change anything if you are it just will give me an idea how much competition I have. I already know there are quite a few in my area. Thanks.

Golden Silver

Oh I know there are at least several in my town that do weekly cold calls and occasional Boxes, I know where they dump their dumps- so I skip those particular Banks; have found building relationships with tellers is key. Have been working for 3 months on a particular Bank that never has halves for me one teller has admitted to me they are not selling instead ship off their Halves in large Bags- am whittling my way in to get them to sell them to me by my friendly visits.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I know where you are, I know where I am headed next ;)

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
AGcoin, It is no secret as I have my local under my avatar. Yours however is a bit more vague. When you run into my dumps though say hey for me.

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont worry GS, I am not near you. I mearly was joking around with you. I already run into enough dumps where I am, I dont need yours.

OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I know I was joking but too anyone else who dares.... I will visit the same upon thee 1000 fold.

Golden Silver

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
obediah said:
.... I know where they dump their dumps- so I skip those particular Banks; have found building relationships with tellers is key. Have been working for 3 months on a particular Bank that never has halves for me one teller has admitted to me they are not selling instead ship off their Halves in large Bags- am whittling my way in to get them to sell them to me by my friendly visits.

Obediah,

I think this is a sign of either frequent hunters or a large hunter in your area. In the past the banks in my area used to take in and hold large amounts $200+ of halves. Now I have seen them actually bag up $300 dumps and send them in subject to count instead of holding them. The largest amount that I have been able to dump without having them bag them up is $150.

You are 100% correct in the teller relationship. I have a few tellers that save stuff and let me know about other people picking up boxes or trying to cash in 1 oz silver rounds for dollars etc... All it takes is another hunter with better people skills and you will be out in the cold.

HH,
65GT350

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread