🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Got word there may have been
a Filter Problem Yesterday.

The filter has Caused some Members to Only
see Old Posts.

We called it "Time Travel" Last time it Happend.

This MAY Be what was going On.
IF He didn't Look up at Dates.

OP
OP
packfan_1982

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Hey if you're calling me ig norant for calling bocephus out about the old posts then take a look at what happened. IF it wasn't the filter problem then he just spammed the board with about 12 posts from 2005. I've got no problem with an older post if its relevant but it seemed just a little excessive to me.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yes, and did'nt you say he responded to several more after you told him to stop. Seems a bit spiteful.

Golden silver

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
packfan_1982 said:
Hey if you're calling me ig norant for calling bocephus out about the old posts then take a look at what happened. IF it wasn't the filter problem then he just spammed the board with about 12 posts from 2005. I've got no problem with an older post if its relevant but it seemed just a little excessive to me.

In my opinion I doubt it was any filter problem. He would not have come up with the "it was my brother" retort if it was just an accident--generally an "innocent" person does not apologize or make excuses.

I remember back when old Coincrazed was up to his "craziness". A few "well-respected" posters here (like I would consider ugotit to be) stepped up to defend CC and said things like "he is just a newbie who needs to know things and has questions", etc. After a while they would not even respond to his pms (at least that is what CC said in his posts).

I am glad the moderators here try to stop trolls when it appears that is what is going on. Why should somebody be allowed to aggravate the rest of us for their own personal kicks/need for attention.

Many forget that on a private forum there is no First Amendment right to do or say whatever you want. I think the mods here do a great job in keeping this place in order for what it is meant to be: a place to discuss coin hunting, gold and silver in general, and sometimes topical news stories/politics that pertain to the above topics.

All just my opinion and 2 cents.

Jim

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad the moderators here try to stop trolls when it appears that is what is going on. Why should somebody be allowed to aggravate the rest of us for their own personal kicks/need for attention.

Many forget that on a private forum there is no First Amendment right to do or say whatever you want. I think the mods here do a great job in keeping this place in order for what it is meant to be: a place to discuss coin hunting, gold and silver in general, and sometimes topical news stories/politics that pertain to the above topics.[/quote]

I'll second that.

Kantuck

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
could it be that he was using the old posts to increase his # of posts under his avatar, perhaps so he can look like he's been around awhile? most of his posts are "good job" , "nice finds" and :thumbsup: and they are responses to mediocre finds.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
mistergee said:
could it be that he was using the old posts to increase his # of posts under his avatar, perhaps so he can look like he's been around awhile? most of his posts are "good job" , "nice finds" and :thumbsup: and they are responses to mediocre finds.

This could be true, but he could have done the same with more current posts which would not have gotten anyone's attention or ire.

Jim

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
jim4silver said:
packfan_1982 said:

In my opinion I doubt it was any filter problem. He would not have come up with the "it was my brother" retort if it was just an accident--generally an "innocent" person does not apologize or make excuses.

I remember back when old Coincrazed was up to his "craziness". A few "well-respected" posters here (like I would consider ugotit to be) stepped up to defend CC and said things like "he is just a newbie who needs to know things and has questions", etc. After a while they would not even respond to his pms (at least that is what CC said in his posts).

Many forget that on a private forum there is no First Amendment right to do or say whatever you want. I think the mods here do a great job in keeping this place in order for what it is meant to be: a place to discuss coin hunting, gold and silver in general, and sometimes topical news stories/politics that pertain to the above topics.

Jim

now that i think about im pretty sure i was cool wit CC about his questions so iDK why im gettin dragged into that

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
ugotit22 said:
jim4silver said:
packfan_1982 said:

Jim

now that i think about im pretty sure i was cool wit CC about his questions so iDK why im gettin dragged into that

Sorry Ugotit, maybe I should spell out the intent of my post more clearly for you.

I was referring to the fact that back when Coincrazed was pi$$ing many off here, there were several well respected (I mean that sincerely) posters who defended him because for whatever reason they did not see what he was up to and they meant well in defending him.

I was using that as an example of what I felt you were doing with Bocephus and was not trashing you in any way but meant that you were defending Bocephus, but you did not see that he was acting in a troll-like way.

Jim

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
jim4silver said:
ugotit22 said:
jim4silver said:
packfan_1982 said:

Jim

Sorry Ugotit, maybe I should spell out the intent of my post more clearly for you.

I was referring to the fact that back when Coincrazed was pi$$ing many off here, there were several well respected (I mean that sincerely) posters who defended him because for whatever reason they did not see what he was up to and they meant well in defending him.

I was using that as an example of what I felt you were doing with Bocephus and was not trashing you in any way but meant that you were defending Bocephus, but you did not see that he was acting in a troll-like way.

Jim

ok sounds good
i got so many people talkin about me in this forum idk if its good or bad anymore

bocephus

Aug 10, 2009
I am done being rude, please do not ban me. I will stick to posts that are under two days old :laughing9:
And yes, i only posted on old topics because i wanted to raise my# of posts

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
In my opinion Bocephus is Cioncrazed. He is typing in the same manner. For me there is very little guess work left.

Golden Silver

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, at the end of the day, you got to ask yourself, "Well, did I say the right thing? Did I Pi$$ anybody off? Did I pi$$ off the moderator? I've had disagreements with the mod who's posted on this thread on other topics and threads; But, upon genuflection, I realized I was wrong and apologized. Perhaps it's time for ALL OF US to genuflect.

Thanks Jeff!

Scott

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bocephus said:
I am done being rude, please do not ban me. I will stick to posts that are under two days old :laughing9:
And yes, i only posted on old topics because i wanted to raise my# of posts

Honesty is a Start.

If you want to raise your Count
by posting Quick Messages,
Go to the Birthday Section
& Wish members a Happy Birthday.

It only takes 2 Words per Post :D

& Nobody will complain. :coffee2:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Now he's doing it in the coin forum. Guess he didn't think it would be noticed there. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread