My first dream box... at least a dream for me.

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
This is my third week of this and I had already resigned myself to never getting a dream box but today I think I just found one, at least for me.

Two boxes, the first one was a skunk.

The second yielded 23 40% halves.

I haven't gone through the rolls with silver showing yet. I'm saving them for my son when he gets home from school. If they just have one half per roll, that will be 32 40% halves...

Ill post the final tally about 6 minutes after he comes in the door....lol

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope those remaining rolls are loaded with silver for you. Good luck.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, about 75% of the time if there is silver showing, there is more in the roll. Good luck!

OP
OP
P

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I was laughing the whole time.

My son starts opening them and he asked me did I find any before he got home and I told him no.

He gives me this "then why do you want me to do this?" look.

He opens the first one and finds two... By now he knows something is up and I just cant stop laughing....

By the time he is done there are 12 more 40% halves.

35 40% halves is the grand total...

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if that qualifies as a dream box, but I would be very happy to get a box like that!! My best box had, I think, 4 silvers.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
Awhile ago, someone made a topic about a rough calculation of silver when there is silver showing on the rolls. I wish I could find that post!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Coins4Cheese said:
Awhile ago, someone made a topic about a rough calculation of silver when there is silver showing on the rolls. I wish I could find that post!

I remember that topic. The consensus though is that it really don't matter. If there is 1 silver showing it can sometimes be the only one in the box. Happend to me several times. Many times I've found as many as 10-20 silver in a box that did not show any silver.

I do have to say that when I open a box and I see silver I would like to imagine that I will score at least 5 keepers for every silver showing.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread