Hey I finally hit the bottom of the pallet!

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Had a slow October on boxes with lots of ones and two coin boxes but today's had a surprise. Picked up four boxes and one looked a little strange. Weird faded color, taped together with a little extra tape because the cardboard was worn. When I opened it the rolls weren't the normal color but no silver showing. In the end I got eight 40%. Nothing special but then I get the surprise...I open one of the newer looking boxes and see a silver reverse. I started on it and first roll has two, next roll has one. The luck continues on with an occasional four or five in a roll. When the box was over I had a 44 90% coins and 33 40%. Strange to get this many 90% but was my new record for boxes so for me a dream box :headbang: The next box was a skunk :tongue3: and half way through the other I have two. I guess you never know when a nice box will rear it's head!

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0
OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Ah that is true CoinCrazed but you never know do you.

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Jim,

That's a New England Dream Box ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope some of that silver trickles south. 3 and 4 coins to a roll ! I did see 2 once.
Congratulations on a great find !!!!

Best.

Rich

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Yea Rich the boxes are pretty slim up here. My previous best was 38 so doubling it was nice. Road trips have been the big hits for me. I seem to have one good hit a month. I think the best was my avatar which was like ten solid rolls. That was about a year ago. Pulled four solid rolls about six weeks back. They were mostly Walkers and Bens. The boxes just feed the addiction...with the occasional nice hit but they do add up to a few rolls of silver a month with very little expenses.

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
My best box was 32. That was so long ago I forgot what it feels like. The road trips were good up till mid september but have come to a standstill since. Almost went blind searching dimes today :help:

HH

Rich

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
Hey, Way to go! I hope they keep kicking out the good stuff for you. What a great box.
Cheers,
detect4au

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great box Jim. What was the mix on the 90%ers? Those are the types of boxes that keep us searching.

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The 90% were all Kennedy except one Walker, a 1942. The box also included a 2008D and a 1990S that was pretty clean.

Maine_Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAS7NY said:
maine_Jim said:
Ah that is true CoinCrazed but you never know do you.

Maine_Jim

I didn't see a reply? Is there something I missed??? ???
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Jim was implying bocephus is really CoinCrazed in disguise. :wink:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I did not think the CCrazed disguise was in question any more :dontknow: MJ, great finds bud. My I have never gotten that many 90% from one box so consider yourself lucky.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions