"Bottom of the Pallet" questions...

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
"Bottom of the Pallet" questions...

I've been picking up at one branch of BofA that has a central bank they get coin from, delivered by Brinks. They have been running 2 boxes a week for 2 weeks, before that it was 1 a weeks for a couple months. Now, they say they are "out of halves". Since I've been dumping at a different bank with Loomis service, it looks like I've killed this source for the time being, until the main branch restocks.

If the bank was supplied direct from Brinks, I'd be fine, but how long will the main branch be out, and what will they restock with?
Last 3 boxes were all skunks, so maybe it is time to move on?
Thoughts?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fredness

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Re: "Bottom of the Pallet" questions...

Well over $8K from that one branch - never to be seen again - so maybe... :hello2:

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100

Sorry to say but I don't think you hit the bottom of the pallet. You probably have just upset either the driver or the teller. It is not uncommon for the driver to tell the teller they are out in order to stop the ordering. Ex. Driver is tired of hauling the coins so one day he forgets the halves and tells the teller they are out. The teller then does not order halves for the next order and pretty soon you lose interest and stop asking. You might want to ask and see if you order will go to "backordered" and you'll get them when they become available.

HH,
65GT350

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

As a hunter who spreads his orders around this has happend to me the one bank gets their order with no problem and the say's they ( Brinks ) told them they did not have any. but 4 of the 5 orders came through.

There has been legitimate disruptions because they ran out of boxes, because I got bagged coin that week from 3 of 5 banks. those bags were deposits that were picked up from other banks and used to fill my orders.

Other times a holidy can disrupt an order or simple forgetfullness turns into they don't have any.

On another note I wish they would destroy some of the coins that get turned in by CRH because i'm tired of seeing the same coins over and over again.

Mojo

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax

I'd be nice, be persistent. They have the coins or will get more. Ask to backorder them.

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100

Fredness said:
I've been picking up at one branch of BofA that has a central bank they get coin from, delivered by Brinks. They have been running 2 boxes a week for 2 weeks, before that it was 1 a weeks for a couple months. Now, they say they are "out of halves". Since I've been dumping at a different bank with Loomis service, it looks like I've killed this source for the time being, until the main branch restocks.

If the bank was supplied direct from Brinks, I'd be fine, but how long will the main branch be out, and what will they restock with?
Last 3 boxes were all skunks, so maybe it is time to move on?
Thoughts?

I'll try to answer your question. The branch will be out as long as it takes for the "central bank" to be restocked by the either the FED or another Brinks location near you. Normally it is only will last as long as the next order. In other words if you normally pickup on Wednesday and Friday and your Wednesday order was missed then you should have delivery on Friday. Most of the times they do not backorder unless it was their mistake.

hh,
65GT350

OP
OP
Fredness

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009

Thanks.

Without boxes, I had to resort to road trips - 5 banks yesterday, $71 in halves.
2 - BU '69's recovered.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions