LIVE up to the minute road trip TODAY 11/5/09 (Final update NOW WITH PICS!)

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
As my first road trip with my new iPhone I'm going to do a live play- by- play report of all the crh action. You're welcome to join me on the hunt as I search banks in the greater so- cal area.
Feeling quite good today and the itch has caught me yet again. I've decided to hit a few local banks to start the morning off - one that has consistently produced silver from the trays and one that holds halves for me. After that I'm planning on heading out of town to an area that has consistently produced silver in the past. I'm working with $60 so there will definitely be some stealth dumps along the way, but that should just add to the fun!
Local bank 1: I almost didn't hit this one but the pull was too strong. After pulling out cash from my main branch I walked over and asked the usual- teller #1 said he didn't have any and as usual I asked if any ofthe other tellers might. After checking with them he directed me to the merchant teller and said "She'll give you the halves." sounded promising. I had dealt with this teller before, so she knew the deal and pulled out $5 worth of halves. As is often the case it's all about quality over quantity. I just managed to contain my excitement as I saw the beautiful slight yellowing of silver halves. All said and done 2 40%. A 66 and a 67! Great start to a great day and at least I know I'll be listening to the sound of silver clinking in my pocket all day! Off to local bank #2! update in half hour.

George

Attachments

• 11.5.jpg
    11.5.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 1967.11.5.jpg
    1967.11.5.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
"It's the journey that's important,
Not the getting there!"

Of course, getting there with double fists of silver is nice, too. Enjoyed the play by play yesterday, wondered where the rest of updates went to when I got home last evening. Glad to hear it went well on a shoestring budget!

-happyspider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread