LIVE up to the minute road trip TODAY 11/5/09 (Final update NOW WITH PICS!)

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
As my first road trip with my new iPhone I'm going to do a live play- by- play report of all the crh action. You're welcome to join me on the hunt as I search banks in the greater so- cal area.
Feeling quite good today and the itch has caught me yet again. I've decided to hit a few local banks to start the morning off - one that has consistently produced silver from the trays and one that holds halves for me. After that I'm planning on heading out of town to an area that has consistently produced silver in the past. I'm working with $60 so there will definitely be some stealth dumps along the way, but that should just add to the fun!
Local bank 1: I almost didn't hit this one but the pull was too strong. After pulling out cash from my main branch I walked over and asked the usual- teller #1 said he didn't have any and as usual I asked if any ofthe other tellers might. After checking with them he directed me to the merchant teller and said "She'll give you the halves." sounded promising. I had dealt with this teller before, so she knew the deal and pulled out $5 worth of halves. As is often the case it's all about quality over quantity. I just managed to contain my excitement as I saw the beautiful slight yellowing of silver halves. All said and done 2 40%. A 66 and a 67! Great start to a great day and at least I know I'll be listening to the sound of silver clinking in my pocket all day! Off to local bank #2! update in half hour.

George

Attachments

• 11.5.jpg
    11.5.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 322
  • 1967.11.5.jpg
    1967.11.5.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 341
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Re: LIVE up to the minute road trip TODAY 11/5/09

Supply bank #2- my wonderful teller friend came through for me again and set aside $37 in halves! I thanked her much for the consideration and inquired about her favorite type of chocolate- dark with caramel. She'll have a bar next time I come over. Unfortunately all $37 was a skunk, but I still cherish and appreciate her saving them for me. She's produced silver for me befor and I'm sure she will again. Stopes by another bank right next door and picked up $2 in clad. Out ound to my out of town location now. Next update in an hour or two.

Clink clink!
George

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal

Decided to jump off the bus at another local bank - $18.50 in clad. The epic journey continues!

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal

Thanis bro! Next 2 banks - $3 and $6 in clad- standing outside of a bank that I know is someones dump but I'm going to check it anyway. You never know!

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal

...Skunked on $7. Two more banks then lunch!

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax

Silver, Silver! You can do it.

Jasonb

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal

First bank gave the ol "do you have an account with us. Second one skunked on $13. Sitting down to lunch @ vegan plate ( for which I will be paying in halves ;) ) I love L.A.!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now this is different...

I've heard of people lurking around here, but this is almost voyeuristic! :toothy1:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

why don't you just order some boxes.. saves time

bocephus

Aug 10, 2009

what part of so cal do u live in

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

I think he lives near you CC. He said the bank he uses has some guy that always comes in saying it was the bank he was loyal too.

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal

Final update:

"Never, never, never, never give up." -Winston Churchill

Lunch was amazing - while waiting for my food I did a prosperity meditation - a guided meditation MP3 that I had downloaded to my iPod. Unfortunately, during lunch my phone died - thus ending my ability to do live up to the minute updates. However, I didn't allow that to stop me.
Feeling refreshed I hoped back on to the bus to hit a few banks down the road. First bank also didn't allow change to be given to non-account holders. Second bank had no halves whatsoever.
At this point I was honestly starting to get worn out. It was about 1pm and I had started the day at 9am - though I had been up all night working so I was not in the greatest shape to be running around all over town. I moved forward anyways. I caught the next bus to an area where I knew there were a cluster of banks in walking distance to each other. Those banks had produced before and after the long string of skunks I was hoping for some silver. The first bank I got to said they didn't have any at all - "Some lady came in yesterday and took them all!" Blast!! I would usually move in to "Aww, there's so much competition and everyone else took them all..." mode, but I quickly switched to my prosperity mindset and told myself "No, there's more than enough for everyone. Right now the universe is putting in motion the resources and people to bring silver to the bank just in time for me to get there."
I got to the next bank - one that I'm quite sure was someones dump bank as many times before I've picked up hand-wrapped rolls that were total skunks. I asked the teller if they had any halves and she went away. When she came back she was carrying 3 rolls and some loose. She ended up having more in halves than I had in cash, so I took all I could. About $37. All skunk.
At this point all my cash was tied up in halves and I still had 3 banks left to hit - one that had produced a walker for me a few weeks ago. I decided to do it the hard way. I broke up the coins in to $5 stacks and began walking in to businesses asking if they would exchange for bills. No. No. No. No. Sure. No. No. Sure. No. Sure. etc. I finally changed all of them back in to cash. I began to walk to the next bank. My feet began to burn. I could feel the blisters rubbing against my shoes and my legs ached and throbbed but I moved forward. I got to the next bank and went to the merchant and asked for halves. Without checking she said "No, we don't have any. I know because people bring them in in bags and we ship them all out." I thanked her and stealthily moved in to the consumer line. When I got to the front I asked the teller if she had any halves to which she replied "Yeah we have a bunch!" Go figure. She pulled out about $40 in loose halves - of course I'm only carrying $37 and took all I could. This bank is an older branch of national chain and was the one that produced a walker for me in the past so I had my hopes high - Skunk. All skunk. And yet again I was faced with my cash dilemma. At this point I was beat. I was exhausted. I wanted nothing more than to go to sleep. There were two banks that I had not hit a few blocks down - right next to the bus stop that would take me home. It was getting late - how late I did not know because my phone was dead, but I got the feeling that closing time was quickly drawing near. As I contemplated all the effort it would take to dump that amount of coins again just to hit those last 2 banks I began walking to the bus stop. 14 banks in the day, 13 skunks in a row. I stepped up to the corner across the street from the bus stop just in time for the bus to pull up. As I crossed the street to get on it I felt a nagging tug on my heart. What would it take to just try? There will always be later buses. But the banks will close and today will forever be gone. I began to think about the story of the guy who had struck gold and when the vein ran out he packed up and left. Then, the other guy came in and dug just a few feet farther and discovered a massive deposit that made him millions. I thought about my own personal mantra - "Just when you're about to give up, take the next step! Success is always the next step after "I give up."!"
I had worked so hard all day, and could easily take my two 40%'s and be happy with the day.

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less traveled by..."

I sat down on the bench and watched the bus drive off.
As I sat there I pulled out the leftovers from lunch and began devouring it - not realizing how hungry I had been. I polished it off in an instant and like Popeye with his spinach I got a jolt of energy. I knew I had to work fast - what I didn't know was how much time I had. There was a strip mall 3 city blocks down that had a lot of chain restaurants that I could exchange the coins at so I briskly began walking in that direction. I was beyond the burn at this point - in that state of consciousness where everything is just numb. The mission had been decided upon and I was executing. I put all my faith in the universe - "I'll do my part and that's all I can do. I'll exchange this money and I'll go to the banks. It's up to you to make sure the silver is there!"
Like dominoes falling in order each restaurant accepted my offer - not a one turned me down and there were just enough restaurants to cover the whole amount. With cash in hand I set off back to the banks.
I walked up to the first one and reached for the door - not knowing whether it would be locked or not I gave it a tug - and it opened. I walked in and stood in line. When my turn came I asked the teller if they had any loose halves. She said she didn't but began to ask the others. One girl gave her a little nod and went to her desk. She pulled out 4 coins bound together with a rubber band. She slowly brought them over to us and placed them in the hand of my teller. My teller pulled off the rubber band and slid them in the tray. When she did - I saw two of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen looking right back at me. Right then I noticed the song playing over the speakers - "Do you believe in magic?"

"...And that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost

Attachments

• Walkers.11.5.jpg
    Walkers.11.5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 340

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Way to go! Love the story and the quotes!

Also I think this was the first public transpertation road trip that I have seen.

Congrats

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: That is some serious persistence. Glad to see you get those nice early Walkers. Searching via the bus gets another :icon_thumright: - I live in the sticks and almost set up a complete office in my car when I take a road trip.

Maine_Jim

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Silversound , Seriously guy - bum a grand from your girlfriend and order 2 boxes - you'll
score a couple of frankies and maybe a walker too - as a bonus you'll save shoe leather as well.
While your at it bum another two grand from your parents (or grandparents ) and purchase a
car . Move on up from $37.00 -- to $1000.00 -- the results will be mindblowing !!! Argentium.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Argentium said:
Hey Silversound , Seriously guy - bum a grand from your girlfriend and order 2 boxes - you'll
score a couple of frankies and maybe a walker too - as a bonus you'll save shoe leather as well.
While your at it bum another two grand from your parents (or grandparents ) and purchase a
car . Move on up from $37.00 -- to $1000.00 -- the results will be mindblowing !!! Argentium.

I have to agree. I was in a lot of pain reading this.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread