Dumps refused entirely!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Yes I've had that happen to me a couple of times. If the banks can swindle the American people out of their money,anything they do is legal.
You don't have any legal recourse. In the old days they would grab the manager,place a bag over his head,take him into an alley and beat the tar out of him.
Of course this was not, and still isn't legal. So forget about it.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much was she dumping? Never had it happen to me yet, but I know that day is coming.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
How much was she dumping? Never had it happen to me yet, but I know that day is coming.

5K, 3 in bags, 2 in Rolls; this is gonna mess things up I wana tell ya!

Did yall hear Fannie is no longer gonna foreclose, instead gonna rent to former homeowners, all I'm wondering is how are the new renters gonna pay the rent when they couldn't pay the mortgage, maybe they got a plan for them to give them cash like Bush did the Iraqi's and Obama the Afghanis, to help them out(?). Wouldn't you love to be that C-130 pilot.

P.s.; looks like will have to do a road trip into new territory where have found a branch 60 miles away- maybe the road trip will pay for the dump run(?), will update tomorrow eve on results.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Just got a call from wife who said the Regions Bank she attempted to dump at refused her deposit, is that legal, anybody else ever experience that?
Only happened to me once. It had been a regular well fargo dump. One day I came in and started pushing the rolls through the window slot. The teller walked away from her window for 30 seconds and came back with the vault manager and started pushing the rolls back to me. The manager (all 5 feet and 300# of her) said I could not deposit anymore because I had already filled her vault. I should have told her to loose 100# and make more room. ;D

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
obediah said:
Just got a call from wife who said the Regions Bank she attempted to dump at refused her deposit, is that legal, anybody else ever experience that?
Only happened to me once. It had been a regular well fargo dump. One day I came in and started pushing the rolls through the window slot. The teller walked away from her window for 30 seconds and came back with the vault manager and started pushing the rolls back to me. The manager (all 5 feet and 300# of her) said I could not deposit anymore because I had already filled her vault. I should have told her to loose 100# and make more room. ;D

I have noticed that some smaller banks dont send out their coins. They keep it all in the vault. I can see why they wouldnt want any more of your dumps. No where to store it. While it does suck, its their choice to take them in.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Of course it is legal. Let's not forget that banks are in business to make money and not to cater to the CRH crowd. It might make a little more sense to spread your dumps out among several banks rather than dumping 5K worth of halves at one bank. Many banks have to pay to have those coins hauled off and 5k worth could aggravate a bank manager or two.... Gpurs...

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 in rolls - Let me see if i'm understanding this correctly , Was she re rolling 2k worth of halves ?
and expecting tellers to be cool taking all that ? If I sound incredulous , put yourself in the
tellers position - you now have to unwrap and dump and count 2K -- bummer !!! please
forgive me if i've mis- understood something here . Question to all coin roll hunters -- is there
ever a good reason to roll any halves ever ? ( as part of a dumping process ??? ) Argentium.

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
Ive gotten a few rejections. But typical stuff you must have heard.

A bank wanted to charge me a fee for dumping. Basically they wanted to put their expenses on me. And

And, one wanted me to put my acct# on the rolls :laughing7:

Theres plenty of dump banks, don't get discouraged...

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
My dump bank is a credit union.

I am only taking around 1000 a week there right now but will be raising that amount soon.

I asked them and they said they get about 30,000 dollars in change every other day. In addition the average "deposit" is just over 400 dollars so I don't think anyone else is using them for a dump.

Their coin counter stops when the bag that holds halves reaches 1000 dollars worth so it stops on me every time I go there but they don't act like it bothers them.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
placerman said:
My dump bank is a credit union.

I am only taking around 1000 a week there right now but will be raising that amount soon.

I asked them and they said they get about 30,000 dollars in change every other day. In addition the average "deposit" is just over 400 dollars so I don't think anyone else is using them for a dump.

Their coin counter stops when the bag that holds halves reaches 1000 dollars worth so it stops on me every time I go there but they don't act like it bothers them.

That's the best way to dump CU's and their machines :thumbsup:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it finnally happened. I went by my dump bank today and was told that my use of the machine was unacceptable. The old lady told me that the machine was only for little kids with piggy banks and people with coin jars. I asked her what would be acceptable and she said nothing. I noticed when I walked in the workers started to skurry around and a minute later the lady came over to talk to me. Wasnt sure if i should press this further or just move on to another bank. Usually they are very friendly there but not today. I have been cutting back my boxes the last few week because I have had nothing but skunks.

Anyone got the link to the site that had all the banks listed that had coin machines? I have seen it on here before but dont seem to be able to find it.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Argentium said:
2 in rolls - Let me see if i'm understanding this correctly , Was she re rolling 2k worth of halves ?
and expecting tellers to be cool taking all that ? If I sound incredulous , put yourself in the
tellers position - you now have to unwrap and dump and count 2K -- bummer !!! please
forgive me if i've mis- understood something here . Question to all coin roll hunters -- is there
ever a good reason to roll any halves ever ? ( as part of a dumping process ??? ) Argentium.

Odd as it may sound we both have list of the Banks we dump at, some ONLY take rerolled, some only Bagged loose, and one like dumped at this morning dumped 5 Bags and wanted cash on some so rerolled 66 Rolls for cash back and we both skip around week to week, even still we get those who refuse our DUMPS entirely. Asked teller for a couple bags to go she gave me 6 (wow), nice of her, though could tell she was not toooo happy with my.

Oh I broke the ice with a letter got in mail with a $50 check from a fella who has to be at least 72 years old- said he worked for my Great Grandpa in Ionia Michigan at G. Gramps 5 & 10 store and left job owing him a weeks pay he had advanced him, said his conscience bothered him (my Great Grandpa died in 1956 which means this guy if he was working for him right before he died and was 16 would be at least 72 now); I thought guy was a scammer his 1st letter to me said it was important he talk to me- so I brushed him off saying if he owed Gramps money to keep it and get right with God- as it turned out that was what the case was; a weeks salary was $25 he said, so he doubled it & sent me a check. My GG died 6 years before I was born.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
Well, it finnally happened. I went by my dump bank today and was told that my use of the machine was unacceptable. The old lady told me that the machine was only for little kids with piggy banks and people with coin jars. I asked her what would be acceptable and she said nothing. I noticed when I walked in the workers started to skurry around and a minute later the lady came over to talk to me. Wasnt sure if i should press this further or just move on to another bank. Usually they are very friendly there but not today. I have been cutting back my boxes the last few week because I have had nothing but skunks.

Anyone got the link to the site that had all the banks listed that had coin machines? I have seen it on here before but dont seem to be able to find it.

I would go over her head so fast it'd leave shoeprints on her scalp.

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
well if they don't take your dumps then they serve no purpose so you should just close your account.

i would go right over and ask for a cash withdrawal to close my account.

if you have ever closed your account, they will give you the third degree. So be sure to have the correct name of the teller who was rude to you handy.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this was only one branch, they have multiple branches in my city and all have coin machines. I dont want to cut off access to all of them by closing my account. Figure I will just slow down on my dumps and make them smaller. Did $600+ one today at another branch and didnt even fill up a bag. No complaints from this branch.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
Well this was only one branch, they have multiple branches in my city and all have coin machines. I dont want to cut off access to all of them by closing my account. Figure I will just slow down on my dumps and make them smaller. Did $600+ one today at another branch and didnt even fill up a bag. No complaints from this branch.

Boy do I wish lived in place- area where they had "machines" in all the banks, have only seen 2 and both were in Credit Unions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions