Almost strangles the bank manager yesterday......

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
hey guys
wanted to vent about the beoch of a manager i had to deal with yesterday. In my area I have these banks that have the counters. Almost all the branches have sold me the bags except for this one. Anyways i figured it was time to russel some feathers so today i asked to speak to the bank manager about the bags. Out woddles this 4-10 250+ whale of a women, and before i can say a word she snaps " you cant have the canvas bags they are property of the bank". I replied i do not want the bags, but rather full coin bags, she says oo and replies that she can not sell me the bags because there service provider will not allow it. Know full well this is bs i call her bluff and explain that i buy bags from other branches all the time. She proceeds to him and haul and give me the run around, so i ask for the distric mangers # so i could inquire further. She tells me she does not have his number, again i call her out and say " you dont have your own banks distric mangers number" she says she will go get the number and she walks away. Now im in the lobby waiting, and waiting and waiting, finally out she comes. Know while she was in the office i heard her saying things like " this is ridiculous", i dont want to get involved" "you should call the other banks". She comes out and tells me that she spoke with him and he will be calling her right back. I explained that there was no reason for her to call, all i wanted was his number so i could speak with him myself. She ignores me and goes on to ask me why i want the coin. Know im pisses so i explain that it has no bearing what i want the coin for. Again she asked, what do you go through it and collect it, all rude and snotty. Again i reply alittle more stern, it has no bearing why i want the coin. Again she pushes " if you want it i need to know what you want it for". Finally seeing she would not woddel away from me until she got an answer i said with a straight face, " I dump them all in my bathtube and roll around in them". She gets all huffy puffy and walks back to the office.
She come sout 2 min later and says i spoke with him and he says the other banks shouldnt be selling them either so he will be calling them. I say thank you very much, however im still going to need his number. She gives me his number and says," you can call but he's going to stand up and vouch for this" i said ok and walked out before i strangled her.

I proceeded to call him, at first his sec. says he's not there. I said excuse me the bank manger here just spoke to him 2 min ago, she then changed her story to o he's her just not available. I said ok just put me through to his voicemail. I left a message stated i wanted to speak with him about this issue. Waited all day no response.
I called again today, now im pissed. I ask again for him, again she patches me through, this time no one comes back, i just get his voicemail. I now state that its ridiculous that no one has called me back and that if i didnt not hear from him by the end of the day, i would go over is head and take it up with the regional manager.
Guess what, and hr later i get a call. The gentleman apologizes and states that he was at a different branch and did not get my voice mails, (obviously BS) anyways he proceeds to apologize for the way she talked to me and said he will talk with the other banks about possibly letting me still buy the bags.
Sorry for the long story, just thought id vent
thanks
keitt

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Darth Walker said:
I understand you. I am a CRH but I work at a bank too.

Be careful

My Bank does not sell bags. One time a fellow CRH (Before my CRH times) insisted a lot
about buying the bags and got into a big discussion with the manager.
Also asked to talk with the Area Manager. The police was called and the CRH was
arrested with charges of assaulting a Bank Officer. The FBI was involved too since it is a Bank.

Darth Walker
There is no such crime as "Assault on a Bank Officer" (Maybe is Switzerland) So what if the FBI got involved ! No offense to ant CRH agents out there, but they are a sorry lot of Law Enforcement Officers, and I'm being generous giving them that title.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich, didnt you know, zer0 has appointed a new czar who is now in charge of CRH and monitoring CRH activities. This includes all coinage and coin counting machines.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
phrostie said:
A generalization about the manager...

Hopefully I'm not overstepping the political correctness of the manager by calling her 'big boned,' (thanks Southpark!), but occasionally people become 'big boned' due to laziness. This hobby takes anything but laziness to find what you're looking for, thus I doubt she was cherrypicking.

I also enjoyed the comment about rolling around in a bathtub of coin!! H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

I agree big boned people do tend to be lazy. Although there are some exceptions. I'm not overweight nor lazy but when I wake up in the morning I'm always big boned.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
phrostie said:

Hopefully I'm not overstepping the political correctness of the manager by calling her 'big boned,' (thanks Southpark!), but occasionally people become 'big boned' due to laziness. This hobby takes anything but laziness to find what you're looking for, thus I doubt she was cherrypicking.

I also enjoyed the comment about rolling around in a bathtub of coin!! H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

I agree big boned people do tend to be lazy. Although there are some exceptions. I'm not overweight nor lazy but when I wake up in the morning I'm always big boned.

TMI

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich, didnt you know, zer0 has appointed a new czar who is now in charge of CRH and monitoring CRH activities. This includes all coinage and coin counting machines.

Ag,

We've got more Czars than Russia has had in the past 800 years

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
phrostie said:

TMI

Ahem! I meant that I wake up tired and feeling lazy from too many road trips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread