Another first: coin contains >90% silver

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole box has nothing except this one:
1913 One Rupee India: 0.917 silver, the sound has different tone from 0.9 or 0.4. From the rim, it looks like a walker.

PB071606.JPG

PB071607.JPG

Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Yinzi that is awesome. You have some strange and random boxes for sure. But hey if those finds keep coming in you will have no worries bud.

Golden Silver

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find Yinzi. I like the design on the coin's reverse. Anyone have any ideas on the coin's value?

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
I found one last year. A simialr coin went on ebay for $25 at the time. Mine is 1918 and in real good shape. Sorry no picture right now. Very nice find congradulations.
Cheers,
detect4au

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
congratulations.

foreign silver is very hard. most foreign countries with the exception of say canada demonetized their coins long before the U.S. did. so while you occassionally come across foreign coins its rare to find any that have any silver. they have to be quite old like this one.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. Always like pulling silver foreign coins. Make a nice addition to the collection.

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
LemonThrower said:
congratulations.

foreign silver is very hard. most foreign countries with the exception of say canada demonetized their coins long before the U.S. did. so while you occassionally come across foreign coins its rare to find any that have any silver. they have to be quite old like this one.

I find foreign silver on a weekly basis. Would hardly say its rare. Cant remember the dates, but last week I found coins from Guatemala (2), Germany (1), Philippines (1) and Canada (13). All silver. Clad foreigns are much more common, but the silver are just as common as U.S. silver in my neck of the woods. People are filling the handrolls with anything they can find these days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread