Road Trip 11/09/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Started out dumping a lot of clad today. Bypassing bank after bank in the process. Not knowing or caring if there was silver there or not.
I started wearing a nicotine patch yesterday which hasn't stopped my desire for cigarettes but for some strange and inexplicable reason I've lost my craving for silver. :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
I,m told that if you chew on a lower % silver (war nickle or 40%) half, that it will reduce your craving for silver ;D Nicorette for the CRHer

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Rich, I am going through the same ride. I am on the drug Zyban and it takes away your cravings and changes the taste of cigarettes to nasty. It also blocks the neurotransmitters in your brain from giving you the smokers high. It has worked thus far. Oh and I have not lost my craving for silver.

golden silver

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
golden silver said:
Hey Rich, I am going through the same ride. I am on the drug Zyban and it takes away your cravings and changes the taste of cigarettes to nasty. It also blocks the neurotransmitters in your brain from giving you the smokers high. It has worked thus far. Oh and I have not lost my craving for silver.

golden silver

I tried Zyban in 2000. The cigarettes still tasted good but I lost my appetite for food and dropped twenty pounds.I know people that had real good luck with it though.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Good luck on the quitting the cigs. I don't think the tobacco companies have paid enough for what they have pushed on this country. Just the added drugs to assist in addiction and the sulfur used to increase the "consistent" continuous burn of the cigarette which has caused numerous fires is disgraceful. I quit many years ago but still get that feeling when I smell one.... >:(

Maine_Jim

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
Rich, I know the feeling. Chased the silver for some time, and now the thrill is gone. I've been feeling this way for a few months now. Sure, still find it on a daily basis, but the effort for a few silver dimes just doesnt seem worthwhile or fun anymore. Time to find another hobby with excitement. :dontknow:

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I haven't smoked in 5 days and I would kill for a small silver find to take my mind off the cravings

What up with everybody quitting at the same time?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread