Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

I am selling 10 rolls (200 coins) on fee bay and as of right now im getting $405.00 ($2.02 a coin) after 22 bids. I have never sold 40%'rs before and was wondering what you guys expect when you sell. My auction ends in just over 4 hours, if you would like to see got to fee bay, coins, halfs, then type in "roll" and you will see it. Im not putting a link to it but its easy enought to find it. It may be interesting what they are selling for in an open auction, oh yea I started it off at 99c 5 days ago.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: Final Tally from FeeBay

TreasureFiend said:
Ok here is the total for selling on feebay:

$475 - winning bid + $15 for shipping & insurance ($490 total).

$21.64 - feebay
$14.51 - paypal
_______
$36.15

$475.00
_______
$438.85

So I still managed to make $2.19 per coin, or 4.38 on the dollar.

That makes your total FeeBay fees only %7.6 mine have been consistently %16, what's up?

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Man this is a popular topic, its almost like alot of us are interested in selling 40% halves.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

TreasureFiend said:
obediah said:
pynchinflint said:
Quick question Fiend. Does your $14.51 in fee's include ebay fees + paypal fees? Thanks in advance.

By my figures he should in total fees pay about $76 on the 475 .

Your number is like 2x as much, it was only $36.15 for feebay and paypal and shipping I charged extra.

I'll bet your missing something- somehow, cause nobody gets by that low, unless maybe your an insider- do you work for EBay?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

DrDetector said:
Cherryman68 said:
For the ammount he was selling he will have to use the medimum size flat rate box. 9.95. If you do it on line through USPS.com delevery confirmation is free but insurence on that will be about $2.00.

Actually you can easily fit 4 rolls in a flat rate envelope or a small flat rate box, both at $4.80 online and the package itself is free at any post office. However, being that it is over $250 you need signature confirmation for $1.95 to protect yourself through Seller Protection.

Oops, for some reason in my head I was thinking 4 rolls of 90%ers, so forget the line about 4 rolls. You should still be able to fit 400 halves easily into a small flat rate box. I can easily get 200 Ikes in them.

Obediah - When you use a buy-it-now feature, there is a higher fee, but your 16% is just wayyyy too high. Use the Ebay calculator posted earlier on this thread and you can see what it costs exactly.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
TreasureFiend said:
obediah said:
pynchinflint said:
Quick question Fiend. Does your $14.51 in fee's include ebay fees + paypal fees? Thanks in advance.

By my figures he should in total fees pay about $76 on the 475 .

Your number is like 2x as much, it was only $36.15 for feebay and paypal and shipping I charged extra.

I'll bet your missing something- somehow, cause nobody gets by that low, unless maybe your an insider- do you work for EBay?

No I don't work for ebay or pay pal. here are pix of the fees so you can see.

Attachments

• feebay.JPG
    feebay.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 241
  • paypal.JPG
    paypal.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 226
OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The only other thing that I can think of is that I have 3,338 transactions with ebay, after this last one I have 3,339 so maybe they lower the fees for people that has used feebay a lot in the past, but I doubt it. :dontknow:

But remember, I started my auction off at 0.99c so it doesn't give me a larger fee in the end.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax

The fees are the same unless you achieve PowerSeller status. Occasionally you will get a small listing discount but not on the final value fees.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JasonB said:
The fees are the same unless you achieve PowerSeller status. Occasionally you will get a small listing discount but not on the final value fees.

2 years ago I was a PowerSeller but I haven't bought or sold anything for like a year. I don't know why my fees are different from anybody elses but you can see from the screen shots what feebay and paypal charged me.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax

Your fees are the same as mine and I've never been a power seller.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Then I have no clue why Obediah is getting charged 16% unless he has a high start price or a high reserve price or something. I've always sold starting at 99c and with no reserve and whatever the item sells at is what I get. :icon_scratch: ???

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

TreasureFiend said:
The only other thing that I can think of is that I have 3,338 transactions with ebay, after this last one I have 3,339 so maybe they lower the fees for people that has used feebay a lot in the past, but I doubt it. :dontknow:

But remember, I started my auction off at 0.99c so it doesn't give me a larger fee in the end.

Me too, .99 cents, 1 Pic, 1 category- basically as generic as can get to get highest net from it. Do figure all my fees including PayPal in that total %16 .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread