Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

I am selling 10 rolls (200 coins) on fee bay and as of right now im getting $405.00 ($2.02 a coin) after 22 bids. I have never sold 40%'rs before and was wondering what you guys expect when you sell. My auction ends in just over 4 hours, if you would like to see got to fee bay, coins, halfs, then type in "roll" and you will see it. Im not putting a link to it but its easy enought to find it. It may be interesting what they are selling for in an open auction, oh yea I started it off at 99c 5 days ago.

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

I would expect more on eBay. 4 hours still remaining, the bidding will increase especially the last 1/2 hour. Depending on shipping being charged, they have been selling for 40-45 bucks a roll. Larger lots should go for a bit more, if you marketed the shipping savings in your description by emphasizing the winner is saving on shipping by buying from a single buyer instead of 10 different buyers.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

I have found also that if you offer free shipping that the over all profit goes up as well. 4 hrs. left you should see it go up. Good luck and let us know the selling price. Thanks.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I have it at $15 shipping with the insurance, I know people like to snipe auctions at the last minute but I wasn't sure if I could expect to break the $500 mark. I just checked the Coinflation silver melt calculator and for 200 40%'rs are worth $517. So hopefully I can get close but if not all of these only cost me .50c a piece. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks buddy. :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

update - 3 hours still at $405

bocephus

Aug 10, 2009

nice , free money, but shouldn't this be in a different section and not crhing?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

NO CC... these are his CRHing finds that he is selling . It is perfectly appropriate.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well as all the coins were found while CRH'ng and im sure some people would be interested in seeing what their spoils will sell for so I put it here.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

Keep us posted i sold some early this yr. got around 40 a roll wish Id have held onto them now havent sold any since lol.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

update - 2 hours left and still at $405, come on snipers don't let me down!!!! :laughing9:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

TreasureFiend said:
update - 2 hours left and still at $405, come on snipers don't let me down!!!! :laughing9:

I've sold some on Ebay and as Silver prices went up my net was $1.86 the last time sold 2 weeks or so ago (Silver was around $17).
Have been looking inot Smelters thinking they'd pay more- my Net would be better but so far figuring what they'd pay most are less than my Ebay net 2 little more but when figure the shipping & Insurance so far ALL of them would be lower Net than Ebay. Anybody else notice that too, is there a better way to sell them?

P.s. last 2 sells on Ebay were two 5 Roll lots of %40'ers, one went for 248.51 the other 252.01, plus $5 shipping. Wont sell them in any bigger lots cause the $'s add up and figure alot of people won't be able to spend that much at one time.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

obediah said:
TreasureFiend said:

I've sold some on Ebay and as Silver prices went up my net was $1.86 the last time sold 2 weeks or so ago (Silver was around $17).
Have been looking inot Smelters thinking they'd pay more- my Net would be better but so far figuring what they'd pay most are less than my Ebay net 2 little more but when figure the shipping & Insurance so far ALL of them would be lower Net than Ebay. Anybody else notice that too, is there a better way to sell them?

P.s. last 2 sells on Ebay were two 5 Roll lots of %40'ers, one went for 248.51 the other 252.01, plus $5 shipping. Wont sell them in any bigger lots cause the $'s add up and figure alot of people won't be able to spend that much at one time.

Yes thats exactly my thought, if your going to sell on ebay DON'T SELL IN LARGE LOTS LIKE I DID!!!! Hahaha

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

TreasureFiend said:
obediah said:
TreasureFiend said:

Yes thats exactly my thought, if your going to sell on ebay DON'T SELL IN LARGE LOTS LIKE I DID!!!! Hahaha

But if you have as many as I do to sell them small lots get tedious- was hoping Smelter was way to go. Seems like someone said they sold in Dallas and got 4731 for 1K face that would be real good, like net of 2.36 ; wonder if he was being less than honest(?).

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No I hear ya, I guess its the price we have to pay for getting them at fifty cents apiece... I guess at the end of the day its all profit though. But the real question is how do we get a maximum profit? LOL

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other

K, I thought I paid you pretty well the last time we did bidness. Oh well, Jim

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LOL ~ No you were awesome buddy, I just figured I would try my hand at feebay this time. But it looks like it wasn't such a hot idea... :laughing9:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

On fee-Bay my last sales went for about 2.26 (plus postage) or so per coin, but net only 1.86, have alot of them if anyone wants some and wants to pay more than say 1.95 and less than Ebay's going rate of 2.26 plus let me know, %40's of course. Got alot that look really nice too.

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

update - Less than an hour to go and its up to $410, come on snipers!!!! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread