Well it finally happened.... (another rejection...see below)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I posted in another thread, I finnally got the rejection of my use of the coin machine at one of my dump banks. I walk in and the employees run to get the branch manager who come over to me and says that its "unacceptable" that I use their coin machine. I ask well what is acceptable and she says nothing is acceptable. She gives me some "This machine is for kids and people with small amounts, not what you put in it." Basically get out of her bank. I cash out and head back to work.

I have other places to dump but I think I am going to have some fun with this witch. I am going to hand roll a few hundred and take them into the branch and deposit them. I will continue to take my coins in and deposit them into my account. This will be come my new hand roll dump bank. I hope to really inconvienance them since my dumping of coins into the machine inconviences them when they only have to change the bags. My last dump at this bank required 4 bags to be changed out, but 2 of them were not even mine. They have these double stacked bags of pennies and quarters that only make them change them out when a single bag is full. I think this is what they were ticked about.

Anyone have thoughts or ideas about what to do? Think dumping 1-2k of handrolls a week will make a point with them or am is just for naught? Also, I have an account at this bank which they say the coin machine is free to use for customers.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well it finnally happened....

Wow, struck a nice little chord here. I get it, we dont all agree on everything. I know Rich is joking, what I like about this forum. Most things on here I take with a grain of salt. But I digress... Onto the dumping issue. I decided to let things ride and leave the branch alone. I just will avoid this one. I went ahead and dumped $700 at another branch today I had never been in and while I was there a gentleman was there doing his penny jar. I had just gotten in front of him by a minute so I only ran about half my coins, packed up, got my money and left. Another bank that has a coin machine down the road became my next dump place, and let me tell you, wow. Their coin machine rocks. The thing must be a commercial type because this thing did $600 in the time the other machine would do about $100. I will be dumping there more often. They didnt seem fazed by $600 so I might up it a bit. Not going to push it though...

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

It ain't eduKation that counts its horse sense or common sense, whatever you choose to call it; I know soooo many eduKated folk who ain't got a lick of sense to them- one lady I know speaks 5 languages can read 4 more works for Gov as linguist and she is a total idiot owes more money than you could count if you was a 'hi skool' graduate from many of our gooberment sKools today- she was a Deputy Sherrif but owed so much money they canned her over the mess she's in.

So don't tell me / us how eduKated you is, have seen to many puffed up Phd's and such with the alphebet soups next to their names who to make themselves feel relevant or like they are impotent or something; the worst ones of all are the DCS workers.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

obediah said:
It ain't eduKation that counts its horse sense or common sense, whatever you choose to call it; I know soooo many eduKated folk who ain't got a lick of sense to them- one lady I know speaks 5 languages can read 4 more works for Gov as linguist and she is a total idiot owes more money than you could count if you was a 'hi skool' graduate from many of our gooberment sKools today- she was a Deputy Sherrif but owed so much money they canned her over the mess she's in.

So don't tell me / us how eduKated you is, have seen to many puffed up Phd's and such with the alphebet soups next to their names who to make themselves feel relevant or like they are impotent or something; the worst ones of all are the DCS workers.

lol well said
trust me i feel the same i was just pointing out that i infact have been to school

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

AGCoinHunter said:
Wow, struck a nice little chord here. I get it, we dont all agree on everything. I know Rich is joking, what I like about this forum. Most things on here I take with a grain of salt. But I digress... Onto the dumping issue. I decided to let things ride and leave the branch alone. I just will avoid this one. I went ahead and dumped $700 at another branch today I had never been in and while I was there a gentleman was there doing his penny jar. I had just gotten in front of him by a minute so I only ran about half my coins, packed up, got my money and left. Another bank that has a coin machine down the road became my next dump place, and let me tell you, wow. Their coin machine rocks. The thing must be a commercial type because this thing did $600 in the time the other machine would do about $100. I will be dumping there more often. They didnt seem fazed by $600 so I might up it a bit. Not going to push it though...

AG,

Happy to hear you found some other dump banks. I knew you would, because if you can find that much silver since August,you are not going to have trouble finding a dump bank.
You don't work for the Whirlpool Company do you? I ask because this thread sure stirred up some trouble :laughing7:

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:

AG,

Happy to hear you found some other dump banks. I knew you would, because if you can find that much silver since August,you are not going to have trouble finding a dump bank.
You don't work for the Whirlpool Company do you? I ask because this thread sure stirred up some trouble :laughing7:

Thanks Rich. The new dump bank is another branch of the bank I buy bags from. Just more inconvienant because of the distance I have to drive. Nope dont work for whirlpool, but sure enjoy stiring it up. :D

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:

AG,

...... , but sure enjoy stiring it up. :D

That's for sure with your Avatar, which will never be in competition with LJ at all; bythe way is she ever coming back, anybody know?

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well it finally happened....

obediah said:
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
AGCoinHunter said:

AG,

...... , but sure enjoy stiring it up. :D

That's for sure with your Avatar, which will never be in competition with LJ at all; bythe way is she ever coming back, anybody know?

Never tried to compete with LJ. Dont even know her.

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500

You what I would do in this situation? I would name the bank on this forum with the address. Then I would encourage ALL of the other coin rollers in your state to dump there. I'm tired of the people who are afraid to shove it to the banks with the ole, "You're going to ruin it for the rest of us!" comments. It's a free country! If a bank is going to refuse money because they're tellers are too lazy to get off of their lazy, cottage cheese infested a sses then I say screw 'em. This might be a good opportunity to form some kind of "Dump Union" where we all dump on the same bank right before closing. It's kind of like looking out for each other while stiffing it to the Banksters who rob us anyway. Get 5 - 6 CRH's each with an assortment of dimes, nickels, quarters, pennies, halves etc and go on a dumping raid. What is the manager going to do, cancel all of these accounts at once?

Screw the banks with bad customer service! And anyone that states otherwise is acting like a cute little lamb-bear.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

ScoobaSteve said:
You what I would do in this situation? I would name the bank on this forum with the address. Then I would encourage ALL of the other coin rollers in your state to dump there. I'm tired of the people who are afraid to shove it to the banks with the ole, "You're going to ruin it for the rest of us!" comments. It's a free country! If a bank is going to refuse money because they're tellers are too lazy to get off of their lazy, cottage cheese infested a sses then I say screw 'em. This might be a good opportunity to form some kind of "Dump Union" where we all dump on the same bank right before closing. It's kind of like looking out for each other while stiffing it to the Banksters who rob us anyway. Get 5 - 6 CRH's each with an assortment of dimes, nickels, quarters, pennies, halves etc and go on a dumping raid. What is the manager going to do, cancel all of these accounts at once?

Screw the banks with bad customer service! And anyone that states otherwise is acting like a cute little lamb-bear.

im so down steve, however if i know this forum like i think i do it should be very shortly that many members of the "children" group as i like to call them, start to MF u. I totaly agree though. How many times do you ask a teller to check the vault and these say there are none. They a few minutes later when they are getting me my dime boxes i asked for instead they tell me there are some. All because they where to lazy to get off there fat asses in the first place.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to drag this out again, but today I was told at another branch of the same bank that I could not use their coin machine. The branch manager asked me if any other branch managers had spoken with me about it. She was a lot nicer than the other branch manager, but told me that I needed to have a "good relationship" with them in order to use the machine. I have an account but dont use it much. So I asked what does a good relationship mean? She said more than just an account open with money in it that never gets used. So I am confused now, I can use the machine if I use my account I ask? She said no. I really believe that they now have notified all branch managers to be on the lookout for me and "discourage" me from using their coin machines.

The refreshing part of this was I also swung by my CU which has a machine and talked with their branch manager. I asked him if they had a problem with me using their machines at large volumns, and his replay was "Heck no, thats what they are for". I asked if he wanted me to bag it and he said that her perfered to run them through the machine. He told me other customers bring in 3-4k in at a time and they have no problems with it. I will be doing more business with this CU. Thinking about switching all my business account stuff over to them.

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
Sounds like a better move then. If the managers start to give you trouble don't debate with them. Just ask politely to finish off the remaining coins and just go.

There are ways to recycle to paper rolls. See if you can dump a little in paper rolls. Original rolls the coins came in, or paper rolls that sometimes the banks have.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AG,
Nothing worse than dumping coin. In fact I dread it. I guess because I know that it is only a matter of time before I get tossed from my dump banks and their great coin machines. When that happens the game is up for me,as I have no desire to look for more dump banks.
HH

Rich

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
AG - i understand your frustration completely. one of my banks sent me a letter (which i posted as "Bank Atlantic users beware!") telling me they were closing my accounts. All my accounts! i also had some TD banks cut me off as we fill their bags often. you may be in the same area as I am as the banks that have cut me off refer to us as "all you guys that hop from bank to bank searching for.....". i just did the same thing with my credit union. I walked in, told them exactly what i did, explained the situation with Bank Atlantic, and told them how much each week i would bring in. They gave me a time to come in and dump - regardless of how much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread