How many boxes do you go through in a month?

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
How many boxes do you go through in a month?

Im currently doing just 8 boxes per month or two per week. Ive only been at it for a month but I enjoy it so much I wish I had found this hobby years ago.

I ask this because I wonder if there is some kind of problem the big guys experience that some of us "hobbyists" dont see....

How do you keep the dumb banks happy or at least willing to let you continue to use them?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two boxes a week is enough for this hobby. Don't get greedy! Otherwise the bank will either charge a fee and close your account. I do 4 to 8 boxes a week but I also buy chocolate for tellers. I never order more than 4 boxes from one single bank. I saw how the armor truck driver deliver my halves. Less than 4 boxes is more convenient for the driver to handle. Anything more than 4 boxes means the driver will have to lift twice (100lbs each) from his truck to his trolley or two trips back forth between his truck to the bank. Be considerate and keep having fun for a long time.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
2 a week, which I find is plenty to dump, once did 8 in a week and have been set back dumping ever since and not sure when i will ever catch up

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I was up to 15 a week but cut back to 10. Dumping is the only real problem. I would do 4-8 a day if I could find a willing dump source. As it stands I spread my dumps across 4 to 6 banks and only dump as much as I can carry in 1 trip. One of my dump banks recently imposed a $500 limit. it seems the writind on the wall is slowly encroaching.

Mojo

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I use to do up to 90 boxes of halves. Have been taking a break
and thinking of starting up again. :P 8)

Red

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-6 a week, depending on if my orders go through. As many on here have been saying, dumping is becoming an issue. I may cut back to 2 a week.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
It is very hard to predict guess our best was about 42, but it more oft than not because of Murphy's Law usually works out to be about 18 to 20 sometimes more and sometimes less. This month we have hit 25 so far and next 2'sday if Murphy can be stumped (chained to it) we will add 11 to that total, if not 6 should arrive, if his chain is not too long, making, well you can add and figure things are very fluid here. Oh so far we have had in our 25 Boxes this month only 311 Silvers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread