Statistics with dimes?

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
I did one box of Brinks dimes and got one silver rossie.
My half results are far better, but that isn't much of a "sample".

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My statistics for this year, finds made mainly from 1/09-4/09.

$17,385 in dimes searched netted:

98 roosies
11 mercs
13 Canadian silver

ffd

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I haven't kept statistics but I bet I've gone through about 11-12k in dimes. I have netted over 500 silver coins including over 25 Mercs and one Barber. However, I was lucky and scored 6 solid rolls of silver dimes once and had three other minor scores of rolls that were half silver or more including two rolls this week that netted 65 silver dimes (including two 1941 Mercs).

Today, however was a different story. I went through about $350 in dimes and come up with one Rosie. I keep it up with the dimes because every few weeks I seem to hit it big.

Good luck,

OWS

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I figured it out once a few months back. Don't remember anymore but I think I searched through more than 300 boxes.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't CRH for the last 5 months or so but but starting at the first of the year to mid April I did about 90 boxes of dimes and found:

CRH 2009
Barb 10¢ 1
Merc 26
Rosie 212

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Out here in the No. Cal, Brinks uses plastic see through wrappers for their coins except for halves... so one can spot a silver easily.. Last week was my first try at searching dimes. It didn't take me long to look go through a box and found 3 silver roosies. The only bad part was that they seem to short change me.. the box was short by 40 cents. 4 rolls were missing a dime.. I found this out by weighing and comparing the rolls.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
SFBayArea said:
Out here in the No. Cal, Brinks uses plastic see through wrappers for their coins except for halves... so one can spot a silver easily.. Last week was my first try at searching dimes. It didn't take me long to look go through a box and found 3 silver roosies. The only bad part was that they seem to short change me.. the box was short by 40 cents. 4 rolls were missing a dime.. I found this out by weighing and comparing the rolls.
Those see-thru plastic Brinks rolls don't produce at all for me. Also, here in Mich they are peppered with Canadian dimes, so you have to tear the rolls open anyway as to not miss silver. ffd

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Fist,

After enough edge searching you can tell the difference between Canadian and U.S dimes. The reeds are different.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey don't just look for bright silver edges, also look for black edges and super worn/smooth edges too (suspect coins). I found more than a few silver dimes that way.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i have found that my dimes are pretty consistant with 2 per box. i have also found Mercs but can't figure an average as several showed up together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread