Finds In The Houston Area

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I think Texas Tim has got Texas cordoned off and has bleed the silver river dry. He does throw a 64 out there every once and a while to get peoples hopes up.

golden silver

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
thats not too bad for machine rolls JJ. i hardly ever find more than a 40% or 2 in machine rolls i come across. i try to find the customer handrolls or loosies. they seem to have a higher # of finds for the amount searched. :thumbsup:
and if you have the funds and are able to get bags from a coin counting machine, you're finds will increase even further.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
You must be spoiled with that Louisanan abundance of silver. I would call one 1964 out of 10 rolls good odds. Especially if the roll were unopened, there was probably more.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father hunts in the Houston area and he has had some success there. The market has not been bled dry yet!

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
JJtheRollHunter said:
Went to the Houston area Thursday. All the banks had were machine rolls. I got $100 and in the sixth roll I found a 1964.
Too many hunters in that area, so I decided not to get any more rolls.

What were they in lines at all the Banks you went to requesting Half Dollars?

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Right on, JJ!
Too may hunters here.
I usually hammer Baton Rouge - west.

OP
OP
JJtheRollHunter

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
The most marked coins I've ever seen. I called a Chase and they said a guy looks through rolls and all the banks had were machine rolls. Might go back for Thanksgiving.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i am currently in la porte with my wife's family for thanksgiving. i hit the banks here in la porte and passedena yesterday and got two 1964's and one 1976S. found someone's dump bank. i am going over toward houston tomorrow. i spoke to tx tim on the phone. he is a nice guy.

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Tx Tim is a great guy........But he finds ALL the good stuff in the Houston area.... A trip here would be a waste of time. HH Gayle

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
thanks gayle. i am currently in la porte. any suggestion on where to hunt in driving distance? like i said i have already hunted la porte and passedena.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
went to the banks in bayport and deerpark today. scored three 40% and that is it. got lots of hunters here going by some of the remarks the tellers made

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Silvercop, I wish I knew. Sometimes ya hit it good, but sometimes the goodies are just not there. Seems like Tim says things are better in La. I got 7 boxes of halves on Tuesday.....8- 40% in the first box.....other 6 boxes were shunks..... BUT I will take the 8 keepers, and be happy.... HH Gayle
PS...You might want to visit the Pasadena Coin Club coin show in the Marriott on the Gulf Fwy,
(I-45 south)this weekend. I picked up some SL quarters for $3.75-$4.50. I am happy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions