Has Anyone Here Ever Find a Key-Date While CRHing?

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Coins4Cheese said:
It has to be a key date, or a "king of the series" type of coin. For example, a 1950-D nickel (king of the series, but not a key date), a 1909-S VDB cent (key date), a 1916-D dime(key date), a 1955 Franklin Half (Not a key-date, but the king of the series), etc.

Seems like someone not too many days ago had a similar thread, anyhow have found a 1970D Half, and couple of Commemorative HAlf's Olympic 95 and Liberty 86 .

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know people find 50D nickels and 1909S VDB's and 1916D' dimes CRH'ing from time to time. If you go over to the coin community forum there are people on there doing 25k nickel rolls as a goal and he has found a 50D nickel. There was one thread where a guy found a 1916D dime in some change that a relative had accumulated. Looks to be in MS shape which could be worth upwards of 20k. Here is the link to that thread... http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55879 - Pretty darn amazing to find something like that...

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about "keys", but I got a very nice '39D nickel. Second lowest mintage of the series.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
dasherhunting said:
I got the 55 frankie this year
Congrats on that, I'm running out of time to get mine this year- thas been the only vacancy in my Dansco for about a year and a half. HH Mark

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
my son (5 yrs old at the time) pulled an 1892-s, but that was from a bag of junk silver i bought from a coin dealer for investment. that makes it a little easier but still. its in G+ condition and is probably worth $230.

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Some guy few weeks back found a 1916d mercury dime in a bag of dimes. Someone dump a bunch of mercs in a coin counter and a few where rolled. He found quiet a few plus the key date.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jimmy@romega said:
Some guy few weeks back found a 1916d mercury dime in a bag of dimes. Someone dump a bunch of mercs in a coin counter and a few where rolled. He found quiet a few plus the key date.

Must have been Rich Hartford.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
Jimmy@romega said:

Must have been Rich Hartford.
Actually it was me. I found it I believe back in April or May.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread