Coin Bags

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
rsc said:
This is a question for all of you guys and gals that bag your dumps. Where do you get your bags, and how much do they cost?
My main dump bank is trying to limit access to the coin counter, and wants me to turn in the dumps in heavy plastic bags.
Ther gave me a few bags, but not many.
Thanks in advance.
HH Gayle

From the Bank(s), of course you could go on the internet & order them; search "coin Bags" . I've priced them they are around .62 cents apiece if you order 100.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
obediah said:
rsc said:
This is a question for all of you guys and gals that bag your dumps. Where do you get your bags, and how much do they cost?
My main dump bank is trying to limit access to the coin counter, and wants me to turn in the dumps in heavy plastic bags.
Ther gave me a few bags, but not many.
Thanks in advance.
HH Gayle

From the Bank(s), of course you could go on the internet & order them; search "coin Bags" . I've priced them they are around .62 cents apiece if you order 100.
I like that idea.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they give you a weekly limit on how much you can bring in? I have the same setup, my bank supplies me with the bags. Beats running them thru the machine.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
mountainman 2 said:
Did they give you a weekly limit on how much you can bring in? I have the same setup, my bank supplies me with the bags. Beats running them thru the machine.

No, no limits yet, my favorite one has asked me to NOT put $1K in the bags it is too heavy for them so I try to limit it to .8K . Last time was there 2 weeks ago asked for a couple bags she gave me 6. What I do is try not to get greedy and order 6 boxes week for 2 weeks or three weeks then take them to my dump Bank like every 2 or 3 weeks, figure hitting them every week would not go too well too long. My Dump bank is in another Fed district around 60 miles away- what I do is plan the day around a road trip to dump, swinging thru a bunch of towns; so far the road trips have paid off 2 of three times om average.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our system is to search a box of halves, keep track of the ones we remove, and replace them with extras we keep on hand. Each bag has $500.00 or weighs about 26 pounds. We're bringing in 5 bags today but the usual amount is 3 or 4 at a time.

OP
OP
R

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
initially they gave me 10 bags. Then said I would have to buy the rest. No limits....YET on bags, but do have limits that I can run thru the coin counters. Bags are faster. I guess that is the trend.
HH Gayle

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
dumping in bags is worth buying the bags. reason is that machines will short you 1-5 coins every time.

i've built up a relationship so i just ask for empty bags when i dump.

if you are doing this for the first time, ask how they like the bags. most banks have a set amount because they will assume its a full bag. typically they ship it off to the fed at the first opportunity as a deposit for the bank's own account with the fed. the fed standard is $1000 for a full bag of halves in most places.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
LemonThrower said:
dumping in bags is worth buying the bags. reason is that machines will short you 1-5 coins every time.

i've built up a relationship so i just ask for empty bags when i dump.

if you are doing this for the first time, ask how they like the bags. most banks have a set amount because they will assume its a full bag. typically they ship it off to the fed at the first opportunity as a deposit for the bank's own account with the fed. the fed standard is $1000 for a full bag of halves in most places.

I can't emphasize what Lemon Thrower posted above. Ask the quantity, that they would like the bags filled with. Do not assume to fill it with the Fed standard. It will ruin the relationship with the tellers. My bank has me fill it with $750/bag out of courtesy for the tellers. The Brinks service will use a dolly to move the bags, but the female tellers appreciate the lighter bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread