Teller Tales Part 2

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Another dump bank.

"Where did you get all those half dollars?" I replied, That I'm a teacher and we were running a fund raiser called "Halves for Half Wits". We are having a spelling bee between the kids in the "Head Start Program" and the "No Child Left Behind Program". The proceeds from the fund raiser will go to the winning team for a trip to the Bronx Zoo".
She believed me ! I should have used that line to snag a bag.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion14: Well done sir! Man you really can come up with them.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Rich Hartford said:
Another dump bank.

"Where did you get all those half dollars?" I replied, That I'm a teacher and we were running a fund raiser called "Halves for Half Wits". We are having a spelling bee between the kids in the "Head Start Program" and the "No Child Left Behind Program". The proceeds from the fund raiser will go to the winning team for a trip to the Bronx Zoo".
She believed me ! I should have used that line to snag a bag.

It wasn't a teller but it was funny; have practiced and it looks good writing my name inverting the letters, one lady caught it few months back when signed for something (can't remember what), she was not amused, I got real contrite and apologized saying was sorry could not help it as am dyslexic, oh it was funny she just felt so guilty- apologized profusely as I left.

P.s. Was entering a security area where Guards ask for ID, had forgot mine, looked to the guy next to me and with out laughing or anything asked him (in front of the Guard), "can I borrow your ID will give it right back", Guard looked at me like I was crazy.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
Most try to guess why, so I just go with it. This week it was "Holiday cards for the kids?" Yep!
One teller says "I've got plenty of golden dollars!" and I just held up a Kennedy and said "...but this is 'pirate treasure'...".
They all smiled...

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
i tell them that i'm a male exotic dance but with the economy people are tipping 50 cents instead of a buck.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I tell them I clean out wishing wells and when they say "nobody makes wishes with half dollars" I say "I do".
When picking up its always "Poker night". One teller after a couple months told ME, "Ya know there's a 12-step program for that".
Oh the tales we tell. HH all, Mark

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
tell em you like to get naked and fill the tub up with em and roll around in em -- but after you do it ---there now "dirty" so you have to exchange em , since you need "fresh clean ones" for the next time you get the urge.

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
ivan salis said:
tell em you like to get naked and fill the tub up with em and roll around in em -- but after you do it ---there now "dirty" so you have to exchange em , since you need "fresh clean ones" for the next time you get the urge.

I used that line when dumping nickels, but me and the teller were just messing around. She said I really liked nickels, because the receipt you get for the coin counter tells how many coins of each denomination you have, and there were like 2300 nickels, and may 3 pennies...

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell them you inherited them from your dad's half-brother's nephews third cousin. :tard:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
obediah said:
Or just say, "you didn't hear about that Brinks truck rollover?"

I am sure thats is the fastest way to get carted out in handcuffs. I use a cloth bank bag on my dump runs sometimes, always wonder what suspicisions get raised when I have the bag full of one domination...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread