out of town for thanksgiving

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i am currently in texas with my wife's family for thanksgiving. due to where we are staying i have limited access to wifi and i have not been on the board for a couple of days. went out yesterday to the banks and scored two 1964's and one 1976S. going to try my luck tomorrow at another near by town. i talked to tx tim he is a nice guy. it appears someone is working this part of texas. found someone's dump bank yesterday. i am currently in la port. did the banks in laporte and passendena yesterday. going to try some tomorrow over toward houston.
when i get home i will be busy because i will have my weekly boxes 12K waiting for me from last week and i will do them monday and i will have another 12k to do wed. and thursday. well anyway happy thanksgiving everyone

Upvote 0
OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
went over to baytown and deer park today and did all the banks there. scored three 40% halves and that was it. there are alot of hunters here in texas going by what some of the remarks the tellers made. one teller even said "what are all you guys looking for?" "seems like we constantly get halves in and as soon as we do somebody comes in asking for them" oh well.....

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
SC,
Texas is so big that I bet you could spend years on road trips and never hit the same bank twice.

Best

Rich

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Have not road triped to houston yet. Thanks for saveing me. Austin seems to have a good number of hunters also. But you can't beat the small towns. I really want to hit out side of galveston. Hitchcock texas city alvin etc. I bet there is some good finds there. Matter of fact I may find some of my grandmothers "change" she had saved from the 50's lol. I died when she told me she took them to a coin star machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread