"thanks man, Ive been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today!!

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
"thanks man, I've been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today!!

I hit a few banks while doing some errands today. I didn't expect much as I hit all of these banks just last week. I scored a few dimes along the way to my bank (which has produced a whopping two 40% halves for me. I buy a few rolls of dimes and ask for halves as usual. The teller says she has none but the young male teller to her left says "I have $7.50". I move to his window and all I see is silver as he counts it out. Then he remembers he has two more rolls. He insists on counting these out as well. I'm sweating the whole time as I expect a problem from him when he says "hey these are kind of old". Anyhow, he sells me everything and as I pack up to leave he thanks me for helping him get rid of these coins. I give him my card and thank him as well.

I fly out to the parking lot and simply cannot believe my eyes when I realize what I have...Franklins, Walkers and my first Barber!!

Pics from today and the balance of this week are below.

OWS

Attachments

• IMG_1062.JPG
    IMG_1062.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_1058.JPG
    IMG_1058.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 604
Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: "thanks man, I've been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today!!

Man, what a score! Nothing like old silver at face! Those rolls would not have made it past the border here. ffd

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Re: "thanks man, I've been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today

:icon_thumright: Hard to believe it when they thank you like that. I like it when they just look at them and say how much they can't stand them and have been trying to get rid of them for ever!

Maine_Jim

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "thanks man, I've been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today!!

Great score! Congratulations. The barber looks like a 1909, what are the years of the other coins?

OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Re: "thanks man, I've been wanting to get rid of these". Just plain lucky today

The Barber is a 1909s. The Franklins include a 1948, some from the 1950's and a bunch of 1963's. The Walkers are mostly from 1940-1944. I had to go from memory. My computer is in the basement and I have the coins up in the safe already. I didn't get any key dates but a few of the Franklins and one of the Walkers are in very sweet condition.

I just can't believe this hobby. Something really cool has happened almost each week since I started CRH about three months ago. Up to this point I had only hoped to get the silver. Now I have set my sites on actually completing a set of Franklins. Maybe (with a lot of luck) I can complete the Walkers too. Who knows?

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Congratulations! That's quite the score.

Mojo

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Nice score!!! I have yet to find a Ben or Walker CRH.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Been a while since I have seen so many old ones at one bank. Nice. What are the dates.

golden silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice score, simply amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions