First Thanksgiving with an Indian

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Didnt have much time to search for stuff because I had family in town and havent had access to the computer. I did about $500 in halves with nothing but a skunk. Also did a few boxes of nickels and found my 10th Buffalo for the year. It was a well worn 1916 that I had to acid treat to see the date.
A few weeks back I decided to order the Ryedale "Ace" and try my hand at pennies. Last week I ramped up with about $100 worth of pennies to test the little machine with when I had some free time over the break. Got about $25 into the $100 and this little baby poped out (see picture). I see some people on here wait up to 9 years before they find their first IH. I feel really lucky to find it in the first weekend I start searching pennies. Kind of like how I found a V nickel in my first box I ever searched. Must have some good beginners lucks. Well hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and found lots of silver. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 1906 IH.jpg
    1906 IH.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! I hope that you enjoy the Rydale.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I think anytime someone finds an IH it's a great find. It also tempts the heck out of me to get one of those rydales and search away.
As I look at the picture of that particular coin they should start using that design again. Not on the penny but maybe on a half dollar or a silver eagle.
Congrats on a good find and a good photo.
Catchy title too !

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Nice :icon_thumright: - I used to do the cents. Only got one Indian and it took quite a few months to get it. To get it the first week is great and it is in pretty good shape.

Maine_Jim

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
First off, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Didnt have much time to search for stuff because I had family in town and havent had access to the computer. I did about $500 in halves with nothing but a skunk. Also did a few boxes of nickels and found my 10th Buffalo for the year. It was a well worn 1916 that I had to acid treat to see the date.
A few weeks back I decided to order the Ryedale "Ace" and try my hand at pennies. Last week I ramped up with about $100 worth of pennies to test the little machine with when I had some free time over the break. Got about $25 into the $100 and this little baby poped out (see picture). I see some people on here wait up to 9 years before they find their first IH. I feel really lucky to find it in the first weekend I start searching pennies. Kind of like how I found a V nickel in my first box I ever searched. Must have some good beginners lucks. Well hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and found lots of silver. Thanks for looking.
Sweet! yes it is nice when you find one. I added an update to my post that is simply amazing. Check it out. I wish I could now find one in as good a shape as yours.
HH
Gilbert

detect4au

Nov 17, 2007
Nice find AGCoinhunter! Which side of the Ryedale did the coin fall into? I am really liking my "Ace" also.
detect4au

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detect4au, didnt run it through the Ace. I found it right before I was about to load it. Didnt want to take the chance of getting it scratched. Maybe I will give it a whirl tonight and see what it does.

tsnf

Feb 25, 2008
Nice find. The boys and I went out on Black Friday and found a very similar IH and one Roosevelt. Overall we hit 29 banks, shelled out about $350 for the coins and had a lot of fun in the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread