todays 24 boxes---equals---

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
today's 24 boxes---equals---

zero.....nada...nothing.....none.......all skunks. this is the 2nd time this month i have skunked out big time. these are last weeks boxes that i could not do because i was out of town. this weeks boxes start hitting the bank tomorrow and i hope for a better week.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Re: today's 24 boxes---equals---

SC,

One big skunk is bad enough but two is terrible. If this weeks is the same I'd start looking for other banks to order from.
I just dropped one of mine that I've been ordering from for almost a year. I just kept getting way too many skunk boxes from them.
Well good luck on Thursday

HH
Rich

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

bad thing is that the banks in my area are all serviced by brinks except loomis which services 2 of them and gardia which services 1. the brinks boxes around here almost always are skunks. (i get 4 of them tomorrow), the loomis boxes are hit and miss, either you find alot of silver or nothing at all. the gardia boxes are the best but the bank that is serviced by them will only order me 2 a week. funny thing though the gardia and loomis boxes look just alike and are in yellow string and son rolls. i hate to say it rich but it looks like it has almost dried up around here. with silver being so high i guess folks are cashing in at the pawn shops instead of the banks :dontknow: :dontknow:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

silvercop said:
bad thing is that the banks in my area are all serviced by brinks except loomis which services 2 of them and gardia which services 1. the brinks boxes around here almost always are skunks. (i get 4 of them tomorrow), the loomis boxes are hit and miss, either you find alot of silver or nothing at all. the gardia boxes are the best but the bank that is serviced by them will only order me 2 a week. funny thing though the gardia and loomis boxes look just alike and are in yellow string and son rolls. i hate to say it rich but it looks like it has almost dried up around here. with silver being so high i guess folks are cashing in at the pawn shops instead of the banks :dontknow: :dontknow:

Think there are just too many people CRH'ing now, have noted a number of signs from heavily marked Boxes and tellers telling me there sure are alot of people asking for them. I've 6 Brinks Boxes 2morrow too, they are getting pretty meager here but have been still finding some.

Picked up a 1941 and 3 %40's today on cold calls on Banks; one bank that had gotten 21 minus 1 clad Solid Rolls few moths ago has had nothing since, and I mean nothing. Several banks have learned the hard way are dump banks or the Teller is searching them so have just crossed them off my list- all was getting was alot of already searched ones. have discerned the few Banks that do NOT search them- its just that they aren't getting any in.

placerman

Oct 11, 2005

obediah said:
Think there are just too many people CRH'ing now, have noted a number of signs from heavily marked Boxes and tellers telling me there sure are alot of people asking for them. I've 6 Brinks Boxes 2morrow too, they are getting pretty meager here but have been still finding some.

I'm glad I'm where I am then.

It might dry up tomorrow but right now I am averaging almost 2% silver...

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Double Bummer SC - You may have to work through an entire pallet of those skunks. At least at the quantity you do it won't take long. How many boxes do you think are there? I'm gonna guess about $50,000 before they have to order another load from the fed bank. Good luck next week!

Maine_Jim

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

placerman said:
obediah said:

I'm glad I'm where I am then.

It might dry up tomorrow but right now I am averaging almost 2% silver...
Where are you, I'm in TN north of Nashville a ways, we also get Boxes from Little Rock too, they have been outstanding though of late have fallen way way off.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

silvercop said:
SC,
Find the other banks that are serviced by gardia and order from them.
HH
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread