is there a point to changing banks?

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I have been at this for awhile now. I have noticed that bofa, wells fargo, and citi bank halves all come in the same stacked cardboard box of 5 rows of 5 2 deep. they are in exactly thesame color roll to. This leads me to think that the halves are all coming from a central source. However bank of the west and wachovia boxes all come in black colored rolls.

Has anybody else notice this? Does anybody know if there is a point to ordering the halves from different banks hoping they come from different sources?

Upvote 0

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I get my boxes from two different banks.

One arrives on Tuesday and the other arrives on Wednesday.

Both banks use the same source.

I didn't plan it like that but I figure it works out to my benefit because they come from different deliveries.

I don't know if it would be worthwhile to go after banks that use different sources or not but it is certainly worth a try.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
My thought is it is purely luck of the draw, and volume increases the drew. I've quit my loomis Bank as best Box ever had had 5 in it, Brinks they are much better when they do have Silver they have been much better. Though did in a cold call once find a Bank that gave me 10 Loomis rolls and got 9 %40's in them- so who knows if I'd of kept looking maybe I'd of eventually hit it big.

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Yeah, my theory is also that it is the luck of the draw. Assuming that none of the services cull out the silver, (that is another topic), I believe we have as good a chance picking up good boxes or bags from one bank as another. I usually pick up from two banks each week, both supplied by Brinks with deliveries to both on Thursdays. These come in numbered bags and most weeks all the bags have basically the same numbered series which leads me to believe they come from the same pallet. As an example, last Friday's pick-up of two bags from each bank, yielded 50 keepers from one of the banks and 52 keepers from the other bank. This has worked the opposite way as well at times with there being no keepers or very few keepers from either bank's bags some weeks. Hence, you pays your money and you takes your chances ! HH

FL Junkman

supn9

Oct 21, 2009
FL Junkman said:
Yeah, my theory is also that it is the luck of the draw. Assuming that none of the services cull out the silver, (that is another topic), I believe we have as good a chance picking up good boxes or bags from one bank as another. I usually pick up from two banks each week, both supplied by Brinks with deliveries to both on Thursdays. These come in numbered bags and most weeks all the bags have basically the same numbered series which leads me to believe they come from the same pallet. As an example, last Friday's pick-up of two bags from each bank, yielded 50 keepers from one of the banks and 52 keepers from the other bank. This has worked the opposite way as well at times with there being no keepers or very few keepers from either bank's bags some weeks. Hence, you pays your money and you takes your chances ! HH

FL Junkman

My guess is not cull, but add.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
When I started doing boxes again I was getting a few from seven different banks. Five of the banks boxes were mostly skunks. So I dropped them. The two remaining banks have so far only given me two skunk boxes so I'll keep ordering from them.
My son ScoobaSteve who has never gotten a box with a keeper switched to another branch of the bank I'm using and has now gotten some keepers.
In reality it's probably just a crap shoot,but I'll switch banks when I get too many skunk boxes anyway.
HH
Rich

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Buy all you can. You never know what will turn up. I never pass on any and have had luck and skunks from all my sources. I also spred my buys and dumps on a daily basis as I have limited capitol.

Mojo

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pulling mine from one source a few months back. Found a bank that was using someone else and ordered a few from them to see if it was any different. Glad I did, havent been skunked yet and was getting 6-8 skunks a week from the other bank. I am just now trying to figure out where another bank is that uses the same service. Same named bank a few miles down the road uses someone else, so I gotta find out what makes my current order bank different.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread