Wow...wow...wow - I really need a new camera! More Pictures Dates

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Took a little drive around town today during my lunch break and had a bit of good luck. At first I only had a 40% to show for my troubles and was getting a bit discouraged. I decided to take a little extra time for lunch and drive an extra 10 miles out of town and try my luck.

First bank had a handful of skunks - at the second one the teller takes out $13 in skunks and says with a smile how many do you want... I'm thinking oh boy a big skunk dump waiting for me but I play along and say I can take a couple hundred. She chuckles and say "sure" and disappears for a while then returns with $200 in rolls that at least weren't the usual re-rolled brinks rolls. She then says "You want the rest, we got another $170". I figure what the heck, bring em on...

I pay and head out the door and sit in my car and take a look at them. Well there was one old looking roll in the bunch so I figure open that one first and sure enough a skunk. I'm thinking I might as well get this over with so I open the next one not expecting much. But....WOW - all Walkers and Bens. I look down at the rest of the rolls that they were nice enough to put in a box for me and think "no way!". But guess what - :headbang: :hello2: :laughing9: :tongue3: - out they roll. Almost every roll is solid silver. I'm just sitting there astounded as each roll keeps spitting the same thing. Occasionally there were a few clad and the worst roll "only" had two Walkers and a Ben. As this is going down and I'm just staring at the rolls in amazement I'm realizing that this is likely a once in a life event but who knows with this hobby. I'm back at work now and will have to try and get some nice photos and a better count later tonight or tomorrow as I have a day off.

The rough totals:

29 freaking rolls of silver. About 24 of them are 90%. There were so many old coins that I was actually expecting a roll of Barbers but none appeared. Wow is all I kept saying as each roll slid into my hand - WOW.

UPDATE:

Ok got a couple pictures - one is the box full of the rolls and the other is just a random roll with the results. This one had the earliest date a 1935 with a bunch of 40's and 50's Walkers and Bens. Will dig in a little deeper if I get time tonight but am on kid duty so it is a little tough at the moment..

New Update -

Got the time to sort out the rolls a bit. First thing is I underestimated the totals. There was only one roll of 40% so 28 rolls of 90%. Another WOW! Here are the dates of the Franklins. The Walkers will have to wait. I did get about four rolls of pre 1940 Walkers but no key dates in the mix. I'll try to get the Walkers better sorted tonight! Thanks for the comments! :headbang:

3rd Update: Banner :o - didn't expect this. Seems it has created a little firestorm. I'm gonna stay out of that one :wink: - except to say I'll enjoy my ten minutes of fame. I got a chance to go through the pre 40 Walkers and for those keeping score I have posted the dates.

Walkers:
17 - 6
17S reverse - 1
18 - 4
18D - 3
19 - 1
20 - 4
23S - 1
27S - 1
34 - 4
34D - 1
34S - 2
35 - 8
35D - 1
35S - 1
36 - 6
36D - 1
36S - 1
37 - 9
38 - 1
39 - 5
39D - 2

Franklins
49D - 3
50 - 7
51 - 16
51D - 6
51S - 4
52 - 25
52D - 14
53 - 1
53 D - 12
54 - 6
54D - 6
54S - 1
55 - NONE
56 - 4
57 - 1
57D - 8
58 - 1
58D - 13
59 - 8
59D - 3
60 - 1
60D - 7
61 - 2
61D - 3
62 - 12
62D - 3
63 - 11
63D - 22
Kennedy 64 - 42

Maine_Jim

Attachments

• BoxOf28RollsSilver.jpg
    BoxOf28RollsSilver.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 10,044
  • OneRoll.jpg
    OneRoll.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 10,017
  • FranklinDateStacks.jpg
    FranklinDateStacks.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 9,929
  • WalkerTopView.jpg
    WalkerTopView.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 9,918
  • WalkersBensSideView.jpg
    WalkersBensSideView.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 10,109
  • Walker35and37.jpg
    Walker35and37.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 9,840
  • WalkersBensSide2.jpg
    WalkersBensSide2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 9,919
Upvote 0

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Re: Wow...wow...wow - I really need a new camera!

Jim please forgive me but we need pictures for this one. With a find like this you can afford one now. Please!

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes, pictures please. Awsome score, once in a lifetime.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

What a great score ! I don't need a picture. I'll just use my imagination.

HH

Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

That is truly a Wuhooooooooooooooooo........................ , find way my calculator figured it it is over $4K!

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

Oh yea - pictures coming. Wife wants to go to Disney World....maybe there will be enough left for a nice Nikon that is calling to me! You got to reward yourself every now and then. I will get the dates tomorrow as I have to work tonight. Didn't see any key dates initially but I barely had time to look. There were some 1917s and 1918s but they didn't have the obverse mint marks. I also saw a 1938 but was it was from Philly. Also a few proof Kennedy 64s were in there. I am pretty amazed at the box of coins I now have. It is like getting six months of CRH silver in a few minutes. ::)

Maine_Jim

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

WOW is right you had a killer day!!!!!!!!!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

This is really beyond my imagination, but CONGRATS!!!! ffd

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Holy cow, that's an incredible find! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Looking forward to the pics. Just goes to show, buy them all, you just never know. WTG!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Congratulations on a heart stopping score. Simply AMAZING. Good for you. :headbang: :notworthy:

Mojo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

;D That's what I would be doing all day. Probably tommorow too. Congrats.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE

Superior!!! :icon_thumright:

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Re: Wow...wow...wow - I really need a new camera! Pictures Added

Now we need some dates. With that amount of silver you may have some real collectibles. Please share your findings with us. We all get lucky sometimes but many of us will never have a score like that. Let us enjoy this with you.

OWS

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350

You got it - will have to check tomorrow on the day off. As crazy as it sounds there are over 550 silver coins to check :o -

Crazy - I think I may be spoiled for a while on what I've found. Still feeling the high that I got!

Maine_Jim

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's incredible! I bet you are still on cloud9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread