Paper Hunt while CRHing

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia
I know this is the wrong forum for this, but this is really the only place I post/read

While getting my quarters mentioned in my last post, the teller told me about some old small face bills that a lady brought in that she had saved for me. I was pretty happy she thought of me and had glitter in my eyes for gold/silver notes.

None of that, all $20 notes, but there were 3 crisp nearly uncirculated '63A's and 3 perfect uncirculated '69's. There is only a small premium, but I figure in their condition, they are worth putting aside somewhere.

I am finishing up and get a very important phone call that i have to take. Not wanting to be rude, I tell the teller I will stand off to the side and let her help the next client while I finish up on the phone.

I go back over to her when that client finishes and she hands me the cash envelope and I thank her and walk out. I look down at my envelope and my reciepts from my deposits and withdraws....all STAPLED together. I sit down in my car and carefully undo everything and sure enough...inside the envelope all 6 bills are attached. :( I was bummed from that one

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have started asking for old paper money if the banks say they don't have halves. got 50 one dollar barr notes a few months ago that way

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
silvercop said:
i have started asking for old paper money if the banks say they don't have halves. got 50 one dollar barr notes a few months ago that way

What's a barr note?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins4Cheese said:
silvercop said:

What's a barr note?

In 1963, series B, $1 notes only , were signed by Joseph Barr. He only served as Secy. of the Treasury for about a month.
These notes command a decent premium.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions