Todays half dollar roll finds!!

daveycleaning

Sep 22, 2005
well today after i got done with work i went to a few banks i have not been to. i got a total of about $600 in half from different banks and $5 in Eisninhower dollars. I found 4 40% from the different banks and 15 40% and one 90% 1964 from $270 from one bank!! So needless to say i was very please. Plus today was the first time i have found any silver before even tho i have looked thru hunderd of dollars of halfs in the past. By the way, How much in just silver would a 40% be worth as well as a 90%???? One more question, are the Eisninhower dollars worth anything?

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Wow, you lucked out today, woo-hoo! Congrats.

Keep all the Eisenhower Dollars, they are difficult to find now. They were produced from 1971-1974, and then the bicenennial dollar came out 1772-1976, and 1977-1978. The coin magazine I have shows prices from $6.00 and up depending on the grade. Just last night I was looking on the internet and a website said that they were selling some for about $4.00 and up.

I have 3 of them that I saved from when they came out. I asked one bank yesterday if they have seen any lately and they told me no. I've been thinking of asking all of the banks that I go to if they have any available, and buy them all.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At today's price of silver ($9/oz.) 40% halves are worth $1.33 each and 90% are $3.26 each.

Congrats on breaking thru the clad barrier and finally finding the silver lining!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!!

In the summer my friend got 8 rolls BU 40% silver and 1 roll 90% silver BU from the bank. Total 9 rolls of BU halves he paid $10.00 a roll for and sold 6 of them to a coin shop at $40.00 a roll. Anyway, I have posted this story in the past. He just now found a bank with a 100 rolls of BU 2000 D Mint Wrapped Sacajawea Golden Dollars. The banks have the goods you just have to find the banks!!

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread