6 solid rolls today

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I can't believe how excited I was when I got them just to come and post and read Jim form Main got over 550 silver coins today on a short trip and most of his were WL Franklin's or 90%'s
Congratulations Jim!

I still feel like posting cause I like to share.

Spent 4 hours searching today. 1 of the first banks I stopped at said to come back later because another teller had $200 worth of Halves. So I headed out striking out all day and on my way home popped in to pick up the $200 and it was worth the return trip for sure.

5 of the 20 were solid silver rolls & had 1960's Kennedy Halves scrawled on the rolls and 2 actually said silver on them. the 6th roll was made up of 2 rolls that were half and half copper clad and silver clad. Total keepers 120 of which 33 were 90%'s. nothing older than 1964 but I liked it.

Here are some photo's of the rolls.

Mojo

Attachments

• 6solid.jpg
    6solid.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 6solidsilver.jpg
    6solidsilver.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Seems like a few people are cashing in there coin collections lately.And you scored :headbang:

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Yeah I had a decent day yesterday too, but after reading Jim's post I felt almost silly sharing it. Nice job. A few hundred bucks of silver to add to the hoard. It all adds up.

OWS

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey MOJO nice score there! Nothing wrong with six rolls. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: Sure beats searching six boxes for three or four 40% coins but the all add up. I think this is the prime time for finds like this. The tellers confirmed this to me at a couple banks saying they were seeing a lot of old coins being turned in. People getting holiday shopping money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread