I think a new rule needs to be added to the official CRH list!!!!!

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each his own. Its not like its a CRHing is huge secret, there are hundreds of other web forums that address CRH and what people find. If you feel that this draws unwanted attention, dont post it. Many will try, few will stick with it after getting clad all day. I personally like seeing what others find. To make a banner is a reward for someones hard work.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
AGCoinHunter said:
To make a banner is a reward for someones hard work.

Seriously though he said he spent 6 min. in the bank and walks away with over 3k in silver. Many will try After reading that.

Mojo

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
coinmojo said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Seriously though he said he spent 6 min. in the bank and walks away with over 3k in silver. Many will try After reading that.

Mojo
I agree, never vote crh finds for the banner.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
AGCoinHunter said:

Mojo

I guarantee you that he has spent more than 6 minutes searching for this. He has spend many hours/days. Just so happened he got lucky in this 6 minutes. All of us dream of this kind of find and may spend a lifetime looking for it. Most will fail.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I agree, no more banner finds...

HH
-GC

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
The banner's labelend "Recent Discoveries by Our Members." Is a thousand silver halves not a discovery? If you eyeballed a box full of Morgan dollars while detecting a field, should that not be considered a banner find becasue you didn't dig it up?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
To each his own. Its not like its a CRHing is huge secret, there are hundreds of other web forums that address CRH and what people find. If you feel that this draws unwanted attention, dont post it. Many will try, few will stick with it after getting clad all day. I personally like seeing what others find. To make a banner is a reward for someones hard work.

I agree, so what if this was from CRHing? How many of us find a treasure like this? If he spent 6 minutes, or 6 days, who cares? :dontknow: He was d-mn lucky and got there before anyone else did.
If he found an authentic CW sword at Goodwill in 6 minutes should that not count either? Or a gold dollar given out as change at McDonalds?

I applaud this banner find and am glad it was shared here on TN. :hello2: :icon_thumleft: :occasion14:
Gotta go, I'm off to the bank. ;D
-MM-

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I agree after my big silver hit this spring I dont put up any pics every now and then ill discuss a few finds but no pix and definatley no banner I already thought that was a no no

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
CRHing is like playing the lotto ==many try , some get little winners --once in very great while someone hits big time. --- we all dream it'll be us in the winners circle one day.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldencoin said:
...I agree, no more banner finds...

HH
-GC

Curious goldencoin, what was your banner find for?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Metal detecting. The right field, the right conditions, detecting from the right direction, all of these factors can influence whether or not you hit the big find.

CRHing. The right bank, the right day, the right teller, all of these factors can influence whether or not you hit the big find.

You can spend a lot on a metal detector.
Same for CRHing (though you can recycle the same funds over and over, so a tiny bit different.)

You can't get out to detect every day.
Same for CRHing.

You can spend hours detecting to find one good coin.
Same for CRHing.

You might drive for hours to find the right detecting spot.
Same for CRHing.

You'll get turned down sometimes when asking to hunt a great detecting location.
Same for CRHing.

You may find one good coin while detecting, or find a whole pile of them in one spot.
Same for CRHing.

The gleam of a silver reeded coin edge while detecting is a great thrill.
Same for CRhing.

You'll get your hands dirty while detecting.
Same for CRHing.

Why are people acting like these are such different activities?

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
hasnt that been an unwritten rule on here for a long time anyways? i thought we solved this problem after that guy found the gold coin in the nickel roll?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't see why anyone here who posts pictures of HOARDS of keepers would have any legitimate basis to complain about the whole banner thing.

Lurkers here who see the many great finds via pictures are just as likely to get into CRHing as would somebody getting a banner spot.

For the record, I am against both banner and photos (except for pictures of rare, odd or unidentified coins). I know I am in the minority on the photo part.

Jim

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
quick-silver said:
hasnt that been an unwritten rule on here for a long time anyways? i thought we solved this problem after that guy found the gold coin in the nickel roll?
Obviously not, as you can see from the banner right now.

What everyone seems to be forgetting here is that the Member Finds banner comes from member votes. If other T'Net members feel that a CRHing find is worthy to be on the banner, then it will end up there. These posts crying that finds from rolls don't belong on the banner are pretty darn rude if you want the truth.

If a member decides that he or she wants to share with us a find made while CRHing, and it later gets nominated for the banner, it's not the fault of the original poster. They were just excited about a find and wanted to tell others who share thier passion about it. All threads like this serve to do is drive people away from this site. Is that really what you want?

If that's your goal here, to lower the population of TreasureNet, then you could always cancel your own account. Just a suggestion....

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
af1733 said:
quick-silver said:

What everyone seems to be forgetting here is that the Member Finds banner comes from member votes. If other T'Net members feel that a CRHing find is worthy to be on the banner, then it will end up there. These posts crying that finds from rolls don't belong on the banner are pretty darn rude if you want the truth.

If a member decides that he or she wants to share with us a find made while CRHing, and it later gets nominated for the banner, it's not the fault of the original poster. They were just excited about a find and wanted to tell others who share thier passion about it. All threads like this serve to do is drive people away from this site. Is that really what you want?

If that's your goal here, to lower the population of TreasureNet, then you could always cancel your own account. Just a suggestion....

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone is trying to lower the population of this website, but instead are trying to not encourage future CRHers. There is a distinction between the two.

Jim

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
af1733 said:
quick-silver said:

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone is trying to lower the population of this website, but instead are trying to not encourage future CRHers. There is a distinction between the two.

Jim

Exactly 100% correct Jim, thankyou.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
It's not the first time that it's happened so why does it matter? People on this website would be doing it already by just looking at this forum. Who cares. I say congrats to you for making the banner.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
by and large those savvy enough to be scouring this web site / forum --CHR ing are already hunting --its telling locals in your area that can really kill your finds -- your bragging slits your own throat finds wize because you make your own "competitors" right where you live.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread