Silver is drying up....yeah right.

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Read the past two weeks of finds and tell me that silver is drying up. It seems to me that a few made some exceptional scores and many had very good scores. I think it will be out there for quite some time. People still die, people still get robbed, some people don't manage their money well and still others simply don't know the value of what they have.

OWS

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so right ! I'm getting really sick of these people who act as if they are owed anything
more than a clad half when they go and ask for halves . Where is the gratitude ? what makes
it a thrill when you find a goodie ,is that you found something a bit unusual ! I am convinced
that the complainers are wrong , and I can easily argue the point from 30+ years experience .
Thank you for putting the truth out there ,it is sorely needed now . Argentium.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Argentium said:
You are so right ! I'm getting really sick of these people who act as if they are owed anything
more than a clad half when they go and ask for halves . Where is the gratitude ? what makes
it a thrill when you find a goodie ,is that you found something a bit unusual ! I am convinced
that the complainers are wrong , and I can easily argue the point from 30+ years experience .
Thank you for putting the truth out there ,it is sorely needed now . Argentium.

Just out of curiosity, over the course of 30 years when silver dropped below $4.00 an ounce, did you dump the 40% halves ?

Rich

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich , I've been all over the map with respect to 40% ---trade , sell , spent a lot of them at
face when they were under a buck melt , currently I'm not very sweet on them - I will sell
them locally at about 2 bucks per , at a brick and morter store. I know better offers are
available on line , but rather than deal with pack and ship , I'll just trade them for 90%silver at
the local coin shop- or take the cash - Happy hunting ! Argentium.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
obsessedwithsilver said:
Read the past two weeks of finds and tell me that silver is drying up. It seems to me that a few made some exceptional scores and many had very good scores. I think it will be out there for quite some time. People still die, people still get robbed, some people don't manage their money well and still others simply don't know the value of what they have.

OWS

Keep in mind though, for every post of an exceptional find, there are dozens, scores, hundreds (take your pick) of other searches that yield zilch and don't get posted.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thurmownator said:
obsessedwithsilver said:

OWS

Keep in mind though, for every post of an exceptional find, there are dozens, scores, hundreds (take your pick) of other searches that yield zilch and don't get posted.

Indeed. Good point. Most of what you see here are exceptional finds.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Argentium said:
Rich , I've been all over the map with respect to 40% ---trade , sell , spent a lot of them at
face when they were under a buck melt , currently I'm not very sweet on them - I will sell
them locally at about 2 bucks per , at a brick and morter store. I know better offers are
available on line , but rather than deal with pack and ship , I'll just trade them for 90%silver at
the local coin shop- or take the cash - Happy hunting ! Argentium.

I'd buy your 40% halves at $2 each. If you care to diversify on your sels that is. :-) PM me if you have an interest.

OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
I'm not implying that every trip to the bank will net silver. I just mean that if you work it you'll get something. I've gotten one at least one really good score per week for the past three months. I've also had bad days (like today). Newbies expecting to get rich with one trip the to bank will be let down. It takes a certain diligence to enjoy this hobby.

OWS

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
obsessedwithsilver said:
I'm not implying that every trip to the bank will net silver. I just mean that if you work it you'll get something. I've gotten one at least one really good score per week for the past three months. I've also had bad days (like today). Newbies expecting to get rich with one trip the to bank will be let down. It takes a certain diligence to enjoy this hobby.
OWS

............and availability, opportunity, patience and capital

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
obsessedwithsilver said:

OWS

The least expensive way is to do alot of boxes, the more you go driving around doing Banks the less profit your gonna make, there is no way your going to get rich doing this, just no way; if your careful in your planning- actions, and lucky you can cumulatively make some money. We have been at it for almost 9 months, have had 3 months where we netted less than 40 oz Silver all the rest were more, even had 3 over 100, one was as high as 189 ,but our overall average is under100 oz month. And with the number of CRH'ers am finding Banks tellers talking about numbers of folks asking is a bad sign for us who CRH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread