Two more bags.....silver peeking out of one. (Updated)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the call from my order bank again today, swung by during lunch and picked up 2 more 1k bags. This time one canvas and one plastic. The teller helped me carry one out and when he sat it in the truck I glanced at it. Silver is shineing through! I know, Rich doesnt understand how I can wait but I will be attempting to go through at least one tonight. Wife wants to do the Christmas tree stuff so thats going to take up most of my evening. For now, sitting here dreaming that I have a solid bag of Walkers and Franks. I can dream cant I? :headbang: I will post results as they come in....

I am going to make sure I take some pictures this time too.

Update:
Ok, ok. I have to admit, for some reason plastic bags tend to make clad shine more than it does in your hand. Upon closer inspection, the plastic bag appears to be a total skunk. Rather disappointed. I am going to request next time, no plastic bags because I know these are comming from a coin machine where another AG hunter is dumping. The canvas bag was a different matter. (No I didnt take any pictures, it was getting late, the christmas tree was tilting sideways, and the kids where going bezerk.) I cracked open the canvas bag, which had the name of a local bank north of me written on it. While this canvas bag didnt produce as much as the other ones I was able to cross one goal off my list. Here are the results.

Canvas Bag
10 - 40%
1 - 90%
1 - Franklin (1951)
1 - Walker (1945D)

and....my first......

1970 in BU shape. I promptly put it into a 2x2 so I wouldnt sell it off with the others...

Plastic bag (half way done)

Skunk so far.

Thanks for looking.
AG

Upvote 0

alexfm123

Nov 17, 2009
Far West Texas
Re: Two more bags.....silver peeking out of one.

With the luck that everyone seems to be having, you might actually have a bag full of silver!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

AG,

I don't know if it will be tonight, but before the month is over you are going to hit a monster score with those bags.
People are cashing in their coins for Christmas presents.
Christmas is still 3 weeks away. Put up the tree tomorrow :dontknow:
HH
Rich

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008

Rich Hartford said:
AG,

I don't know if it will be tonight, but before the month is over you are going to hit a monster score with those bags.
HH
Rich

OMG! Rich you're a genius! Next Weekend I call road-trip! :DDDDDD

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich Hartford said:
AG,

HH
Rich

I sure hope so. Been pushing it lately with the wife, she is sick of my coin sorting. Figure I can take a few minutes to haul a tree home, stick it in the stand, water it, and then dive into the bags. I really think she thinks I have gone off the deep end. I just enjoy it and use all my free time to sort.

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Hope you find alot of silver!!!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

alexfm123 said:
With the luck that everyone seems to be having, you might actually have a bag full of silver!
Remember, folks tend to only post their good finds. What you're not seeing are the dozens, scores, hundreds (take your pick) of skunk searches folks don't bother to post.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thurmownator said:
alexfm123 said:
Remember, folks tend to only post their good finds. What you're not seeing are the dozens, scores, hundreds (take your pick) of skunk searches folks don't bother to post.

I try to at least mention all the numerious skunks I get. For the beginner, this may seem like an easy venture. Its not. Once you tap the customer rolls within your local banks, that begins the dry spell. If there are other searchers in your area, thats even less you find. I have basically given up on asking for halves, because no one seems to have any more these days.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

AGCoinHunter said:
Rich Hartford said:
AG,

HH
Rich

I sure hope so. Been pushing it lately with the wife, she is sick of my coin sorting. Figure I can take a few minutes to haul a tree home, stick it in the stand, water it, and then dive into the bags. I really think she thinks I have gone off the deep end. I just enjoy it and use all my free time to sort.
I wonder if that's how large stashes sometimes end up back in circulation, a spouse that's just sick and tired of it all! Just a thought. Be careful. And attentive.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Good score on the bags! I'd take the plastic ones off the machine as well as the canvas bags. It's hit or miss but I'd rather get bags than boxes anyday. Now that I think of it my best scores were from plastic bags.
I once got a $1000.00 canvas bag and with the first handfull I had a Ben and a 40%. After going through that bag all I was left with was the two keepers and a very dirty hand.

HH
Rich

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of the 1970.

Got another plastic bag today. Not holding out hope thats its much more than 1k in clad but we will see.

Attachments

• 1970 Ken.jpg
    1970 Ken.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 260

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread