Todays Hunt & Meeting CRHr in action :0)

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's Hunt & Meeting CRH'r in action :0)

On my lunch hour I decided to hit few banks downtown here. There are probably 20 within a mile or so.

The first three banks had nil....nattah!

So I moved on to the fourth. The teller says how weird...you are like the 5th person who has come in here looking today and then went on to say that the 1st guy left with $690.00+ worth of halves! All I could think was missed it by an inch. She then asked me what I did with them? Was I looking for older coins? I told her no not really, but if they were there it would be a treat...that I was a collector looking for certain numbers. Now get this...she then said "Oh, that's good because i went through them all and already took out the silver ones"! I didn't feel so bad after that comment.

So then I get to the 5th bank. As I am standing in line I notice this guy whispering to the teller. I got really nervous when I saw that he also had a little dolly with him covered in cardboard. So basically I walked up behind him and asked him if he was getting half dollars and of course he said yes. He said the bank ordered them for him and he would get all that they had on hand. I was like...DANG! Again... I asked him if he had been to that other bank this morning and he said no he was going there next...I told him don't bother, someone has cleaned them out. So now I know there are at least two others here doing what I am trying to do with CRH.

Anyways I move on to the last bank before my workplace and ask them...They have $300.00 worth of halves, but no Ikes! All I had was $190.00 on me so I got that many with the plan of coming back Monday for the rest (if they are still there).

I'll post what I find or don't.

Here is what I found: SKUNKED I believe the word is :0(

Well no silver but i did get this:

1x 2007P
1x 2007D
1x 2006P
1x 2004D

and three oddly gold colored IKEs at 1977, 1979D, and 1981D...almost as dark as a Sacagewea dollar.

Maybe next time...

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Today's Hunt...

Welcome to the world of CRH.

OP
OP
GlassyEyed

GlassyEyed

Oct 15, 2009
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update....

Couldn't wait till Monday so I went back to the bank and got the last $110.00 worth. The teller asked..."You are not going to bring those back here are you?" I told her no and she said "Good because they have been sitting in there since I started working here last year....I just want to get rid of them.

This gave me hope of finding something even after the last batch, but hopes were dashed as I opened each roll to get nothing at all. Not one keeper out of the bunch.

Tomorrow I will take them to my bank with the rest of my change and see what they have to say about it. It seems every bank wants to be rid of them. I can't understand why as they are money like anything else. I guess there is just not that much need for a .50 cent piece any longer.

Dec 2, 2009
Re: Today's Hunt & Meeting CRH'r in action :0)

I took several of my skunk rolls out today and spent them on small purchases. One lady asked what they were. Guess she had never seen a Kennedy Half. Think I'll try to put them back in circulation as I can. They spend just like everything else. Just make your pockets heavy.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Re: Today's Hunt & Meeting CRH'r in action :0)

5159 said:
I took several of my skunk rolls out today and spent them on small purchases. One lady asked what they were. Guess she had never seen a Kennedy Half. Think I'll try to put them back in circulation as I can. They spend just like everything else. Just make your pockets heavy.

That's what I do too, can't spend them all of course but I mean it pay for NOTHING with Paper money, it is ALL in Half's from Kroger (don't shop at WalMart, wish we could boycott it, shut it down) to the Gas station to Utility bills all in Halves. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread