Fridays Teller Tales

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Friday's Teller Tales

Had to dump 6 K in halves yesterday. I rotate my banks so this week I had to go to the ones that are 50 miles from my house. I was going to get rid of them at five banks which would have tied me up all day.
The coin machines at these particular banks are extremely slow so dumping is a long process.
It was early and the bank wasn't busy so I started chatting with the teller who was very pleasent. During the coarse of our conversation I hit upon a subject that peeked her interest. To keep me gabbing, she told me to dump all of my coin there, but just hit the reciept button four times so that it won't look like one person dumped all those halves.
I dumped the whole six thousand there and saved myself a lot of time. Had a few laughs too.
This was the best coin dumping experience I've ever had. It was also good for a change to meet a very nice teller.

Rich

Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Friday's Teller Tales

Glad you were able to dump them easily. I can't imagine dumping $6,000 in halves!

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: Friday's Teller Tales

it used to take me 30-45 minutes to dump and sometimes longer when the tellers would not come right over and change out the bags when they got full. with the set up now i can dump 10K and cash out in about 10 minutes. i did get a call from the main branch of my dump bank this past week. i have their private line saved in my phone from where they called me on it before. when i saw the number pop up there i said oh no........ because i knew i was sitting on 10K and i thought they were going to give me trouble. but all turned out good, all the vault teller asked was if i could take my dumps to another branch (which happens to be 5 minutes away from my house) until march of 2010 because they were starting a remodeling project and they could not handle my volume during those times. i said i would be glad to do that. she said i could return to the main branch after they got finished. i breathed a sigh of relief because that bank is the only one in my area with a counter. that bank has 7 branches across 3 counties around here. there would be no way i could do the volume that i do if i did not have the set up with them that i have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread