What do you do when you find a keeper?

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Coins4Cheese said:
When I'm searching through pennies, and I find a wheatie, I usually yell out wheatie! And, when I found my first buffalo nickel, I was hyperventilating :laughing7: What do you guys do when you find keepers? Do you take a second to look at it, and smile?

Well usually pile them up by Silver content or category of Halves they are, normally dont holler out till count how many have found or if open Box and see 20 or 30 of 50 Silver Enders looking at me, at which time after heart slows down make phone call to alert my acomplice of success of weekly Bank job :3some: .

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
When hunting pennies I usually shout "Wheatie!" in my head then take a moment to look it over very closely and think about what was going on in the world the year that was minted. I usually have no idea so I make up something fun and old-looking. Strangely I've formed a habit of singing the first line of the Canadian national anthem every time I find a Canadian penny. "Oh, Canada..."
With Halves my heart usually skips a beat when I see the silver edge and I then shout out "Oh yeah!"

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice enamel, I would agree too :) I ususally dont get too excited about wheats or AG halves. Usually just add these to the pile. The V's and IH I found got me pretty excited. Usually grab my blackberry, take a pictures and call my dad to tell him.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins4Cheese said:
When I'm searching through pennies, and I find a wheatie, I usually yell out wheatie! And, when I found my first buffalo nickel, I was hyperventilating :laughing7: What do you guys do when you find keepers? Do you take a second to look at it, and smile?

With the exception of a rare variety (such as the 1992-D Close AM penny I found a couple years ago) or one I have never found before, I really don't get too excited. I just sort of expect to find stuff now. The only other exception would be when I find a cache of stuff all at once such as the couple of times I found 10 silver quarters or 50 silver dimes in a bag. 100 or more keepers in a bag is fun just because you are constantly pulling them out handful after handful...pennies, nickels, halves, whatever.

I do tend to smile a little internally every time I receive an Indian Head Cent, Buffalo Nickel, V Nickel, Merc Dime, or Barber anything just because they are not every day finds.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forget my aches and pains and my whole body smiles even though you can't see it, I feel it! Monty

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
In 2004 I was watching the Super Bowl and my kids, ages 8 and 11 were on my lap. Someone tied it up and I yelled and scared the crap out of my kids. You probably could have heard me out on the road in front of my house I yelled so loud.

Anyway I try not to yell that much, but I did when I found a 1911 Barber half.

My son was home at the time and he came running to see if I was OK.

I dont yell that much.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just say.........SWEEEEEEEEETTTT.........silver!

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
depends what it is and who im with

if im wit the merc magnet and its an old silver rim we are suppose to wait for the other one to look over and we pull it out of the roll together.
If its a rosie we say "silver or rosie. If its a merc we both high five.
Also Eva made up this thing when we first started searching together. Anytime we hit silver we have to kiss. If its just a rosie or a 40%er its a peck on the lips. The better the coin the better the kiss. Its quite funny to cuz if i dont give her a kiss she gets real pissed and wont search with me.
Its the cheapest depenable labor around LOL. Luckily the best ive found with her is a walker. Dont know what would happen if a seated poped up HEHEHE. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread