The teller must have been on autopilot to miss this one!!

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Going from bank to bank and hit a bank that I had never gone into. Teller asks if I have an account and I say "um, yeah, sure". I buy some dimes and then ask for halves. He says he has 8 rolls and I tell him I'll buy them all. He brings out a metal tray and my eyes just about pop out of my head. Four of the rolls are clear plastic containers with lids that say "half dollar" on them. I can see that they are completely silver (40%). The teller never flinches and hands them over for my four twenties. I get to the car thinking I really made out and if i score anything at all in the paper wrapped rolls it will be a bonus. Well, it turns out all four of these were 40% silver too (one clad).

I picked up 5 40% and 1 90% at another bank. I also scored a war nickel and 5 more silver dimes (including the 1955s I needed). Oh, and I also picked up a 1928d red seal two dollar bill at my dump bank.

Tomorrow I have to go to a remote part of the state for work and I have 4 hours in between work obligations. Anything else I get this week will simply be icing on the cake.

Good luck everyone,

OWS

Upvote 0

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score ! I recently went into a bank and asked if they had any halves , the teller, who
was a young man of about 19 I'm guessing, says "i only have $ 5.00 worth - I say fine ,I'll
take em, the kid hands me 10 -- 1964-- silver Kens. - talk about tellers having no clue !
Please believe me , no matter how many skunk boxes or rolls you experience , there
really are many people who are dumping ,or as in my story here, are handing out silvers
and they either don't know or don't care . I just give thanks to the almighty and keep
hunting ! Argentium.

OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Stories like these keep me going. I'm still waiting for my 700 Walkers though. I'll settle for the pattern I've got so far.

OWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread