Weird

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
It takes a lot of self control to pass by numerous banks and not stop in, but I was on a mission. I had to hit five banks to dump halves.
The banks I used today are branches of the same chain. Three out of the five the tellers are friendly. The other two were subjects of my "Teller Tales".
Anyway, the first bank I stop at is one of the bad ones. As soon as I walk in I notice the teller rolling her eyes. I make like I don't notice, and proceed to dump away.
When I go to cash out I give that teller a card with my account number and the receipt. She then asks me for my drivers license, which they never do. I was tempted to say that I walked to the bank and didn't have it. But then she probably would have deposited my money in my account. I didn't have time to fool around so I gave her my license and she made a photo copy of it.
So as she counting out my money I ask her why she needed to photo copy my license since I noticed that she recognized me as soon as I walked in. She told me that it was a standard procedure that they always do. Which of course is a bold faced lie.
I'm wondering what she is up to?
The other four dumps went like a breeze.

Upvote 0

Dec 2, 2009
Probably mad that she makes $8 an hour and you have the money to get boxes of halves and search for the free silver which probably goes right under her nose every day but she doesn't realize it and never will.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm, something strange goin on there. I normally have mor of a problem when I go in to get halves, but I don't ever order boxes. So when I dump I'm not dumping thousands. Not yet anyway...
Hope it works out for ya though, I hate it when tellers make you feel like a waste of their time.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I seem to be getting a lot of license checks lately too. Might be more of the so called "Patriot" Act crap that keeps getting rammed through. :-\

Maine_Jim

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I agree with the SAR.......I work at a credit union and thank God we have our own department that deals with those. We don't have to mess with it at all.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
maine_Jim said:
I seem to be getting a lot of license checks lately too. Might be more of the so called "Patriot" Act crap that keeps getting rammed through. :-\

Maine_Jim

I thought the Democrats were against the war and the Patriot act and.......... LOL I guess we were lied to?

Mojo

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Here is the exchange that I had with this teller last month

Teller Tales
Posted Nov 23, 2009, 12:49:48 PM Quote Modify Remove

Last week I had to dump at my southern banks. Here is what happened this time.

The teller had to change the bag and asked me "You were here just two weeks ago with half dollars, right"? I answered in the affirmative and was thinking "here we go". She goes on to say,"You know we have to hand count these half dollars after we remove the bag". Now I know this is a steaming pile of B.S. so I tell her."That's great, keeping busy makes the work day fly by."
I'm waiting for that question and here it comes. "Where do you get all those half dollars from"?
I reply," My grandmother recently passed away and she left me 50-60 5 gallon water jugs filled with half dollars. She had been saving them since the depression. My wife told me to search through them before cashing them in because most of them are very very old and could be worth something. I told my wife that I don't have time to look for old coins and could care less about them".
The teller said," Really because when we looked through them last time it looked like someone had already picked through them!"
I grabbed a half from the tray which happened to be a 1974, showed it to her and said Look! Here is a real old one,35 years old !

I probably insulted her intelligence with that story. Being a grandfather myself for 13 years,if I had a grandmother who recently passed away,she would have been the oldest living person in America, if not the world. :laughing9:

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
coinmojo said:
maine_Jim said:

Maine_Jim

I thought the Democrats were against the war and the Patriot act and.......... LOL I guess we were lied to?

Mojo
It is all an act by actors on a stage they are managing US by the 2 Party's which are essentially the same, enroute to Global Order, one world government which Obama is openly in favor of.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich,
I had the same experience today while dumping at a CU. The teller asked for my license. She took it and fed it through some type of scanner right there on her desk. I dumped a little more than I wanted to (1.1k) so I wonder if this is triggered by the amount you run through the machine. I dumped $700 yesterday at a different branch and they didnt ask. I wouldnt think cashing in over 1k at a time would be enough to trigger a SAR.

Anyone know what happens to these SAR's. Do they go to some agency who checks them or stay in the bank? Not familiar with it so if someone who is could expound on it that would be great.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
AGCoinHunter said:
Anyone know what happens to these SAR's. Do they go to some agency who checks them or stay in the bank? Not familiar with it so if someone who is could expound on it that would be great.

They go straight too DHS Dept of Homeland inSecurity!

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
AGCoinHunter said:
Rich,
I had the same experience today while dumping at a CU. The teller asked for my license. She took it and fed it through some type of scanner right there on her desk. I dumped a little more than I wanted to (1.1k) so I wonder if this is triggered by the amount you run through the machine. I dumped $700 yesterday at a different branch and they didnt ask. I wouldnt think cashing in over 1k at a time would be enough to trigger a SAR.

This was at a CU as well. I dumped at 4 branches and the main office, all over $1,000.00. Only this one branch pulled this on me.
Maybe they did a SAR? Who cares ! Nobody is going to investigate anyway.

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread