All Treasure Hunting
Today I found the following:

20 x40% kenns
2 x90% kenns
5 x 1987 clad kenns (p and d) I will send them back into the wild I hate them

and a

1986s Clad Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar "A Nation of Immigrants"

Explanation below

The 1986 Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar was one of three commemorative coins issued to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the dedication of the Statue of Liberty. The other two coins included a silver dollar and $5 gold piece, both in uncirculated or proof finishes. Notably the half dollar was the first commemorative coin in this denomination struck with the copper nickel clad composition.

The 1986 Statue of Liberty Half Dollar depicts a ship of immigrants moving into New York Harbor. The Statue of Liberty appears prominently in the foreground with a large rising sun in the background. The reverse of the coin features a family of immigrants witnessing a view of America. The obverse was designed by Edgar Z. Steever IV, and the reverse was designed by Sherl Winter.

The obverse inscriptions include "Liberty", "In God We Trust", and the date "1986". The reverse inscriptions include "United States of America", "A Nation of Immigrants", "E Pluribus Unum", and the denomination "Half Dollar".

The half dollar was struck in proof and uncirculated versions with the former struck at San Francisco and the later struck at Denver. The half dollar coins were sold individually or incorporated into Two Coin Sets, including the silver dollar, Three Coin Sets, including the silver dollar and $5 gold coin, or Six Coin Set, which included proof and uncirculated versions of each coin. The coins were initially sold at a discount during a "pre-issue" period, after which regular pricing went into effect.

Coin Specifications
Designer: Edgar Z. Steever IV (obverse), Sheryl Winter (reverse)
Weight: 11.3400 g
Composition: 91.67% copper, 8.33% nickel
Diameter: 30.61 mm
Maximum Authorized Mintage: 25,000,000

1986-S Proof Statue of Liberty Half Dollar
Pre-Issue Price: $6.50
Regular Price: $7.50
Final Mintage: 6,925,627

dw

Upvote 0

snappy

Jan 23, 2007
sidney montana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
5- 1987 going back into the wild!!!! ick I have gone through over $100,000 and have not gotten one. and I really hope to find one soon.. I finished highschool in 87 so getting one would be extra nice I would value it more then a 90% (if I pulled it from the wild).

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Darth Walker said:
Today I found the following:

20 x40% kenns
2 x90% kenns
5 x 1987 clad kenns (p and d) I will send them back into the wild I hate them

and a

1986s Clad Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar "A Nation of Immigrants"

Explanation below

The 1986 Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar was one of three commemorative coins issued to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the dedication of the Statue of Liberty. The other two coins included a silver dollar and $5 gold piece, both in uncirculated or proof finishes. Notably the half dollar was the first commemorative coin in this denomination struck with the copper nickel clad composition.

The 1986 Statue of Liberty Half Dollar depicts a ship of immigrants moving into New York Harbor. The Statue of Liberty appears prominently in the foreground with a large rising sun in the background. The reverse of the coin features a family of immigrants witnessing a view of America. The obverse was designed by Edgar Z. Steever IV, and the reverse was designed by Sherl Winter.

The obverse inscriptions include "Liberty", "In God We Trust", and the date "1986". The reverse inscriptions include "United States of America", "A Nation of Immigrants", "E Pluribus Unum", and the denomination "Half Dollar".

The half dollar was struck in proof and uncirculated versions with the former struck at San Francisco and the later struck at Denver. The half dollar coins were sold individually or incorporated into Two Coin Sets, including the silver dollar, Three Coin Sets, including the silver dollar and $5 gold coin, or Six Coin Set, which included proof and uncirculated versions of each coin. The coins were initially sold at a discount during a "pre-issue" period, after which regular pricing went into effect.

Coin Specifications
Designer: Edgar Z. Steever IV (obverse), Sheryl Winter (reverse)
Weight: 11.3400 g
Composition: 91.67% copper, 8.33% nickel
Diameter: 30.61 mm
Maximum Authorized Mintage: 25,000,000

1986-S Proof Statue of Liberty Half Dollar
Pre-Issue Price: $6.50
Regular Price: $7.50
Final Mintage: 6,925,627

dw

Good haul :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I found the clad version of the Statue of Liberty Coin in a box this year. It's a beautiful coin. Looking at it reminds me how immigrants used to come here ,LEGALLY. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread