Strange day

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Started out by dumping about $400 in nickles and dimes (rolled at a bank). I bought $100 of quarters just for the hell of it. The first roll I open has a silver Washington in it. So does the second and so does the seventh. So I'm feeling pretty good and I hit about 20 banks in between work obligations. I netted on 1964 Ken with a hole drilled through his head, one 1965 halve, one 1944p war nickle and one Rosie. I even tried my hand at pennies and only netted two wheats.

I'm not complaining but this is a weak day for me.

I'm in the northwestern part of my state (which never seems to produce for me) on Friday and I'm hoping to break the slow streak.

Good luck everyone,

OWS

Upvote 0

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That is a lot of quarters. Getting three is great. I think that equals my last year's total. I picked up $500 the other day and found zilch. Just roll after roll of state quarters. Someone gave up on that hobby I guess!

Maine_Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Three quarters out of $100.00 is unbelieveably lucky. I'd go back there and buy up some more rolls.
If I'm lucky I may get one out of $1,000-1,500 in handrolls. Bags one out of every $500. Never tried boxes but I heard that the average is one out of two boxes.

I'd call your day pretty good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH
Rich

SMPress

Oct 5, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Blue and Gray, XLT, DFX, Spectrum V3, Beachhunter 300
I thik you did great. I have done 4 boxes of quarters, and never found a single silver...

OP
OP
O

obsessedwithsilver

Sep 26, 2009
Yeah, I'm thinking of going back and buying more quarters from that teller. I can't buy dimes and nicks because that's what I dumped there.

OWS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread