Some questions...

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...for my fellow roll searchers.

- Hundreds of $$$ in coins is bulky. What do you use to carry your large amounts of rolls home?

- Do you look at every date of every coin?

- Do friends or family (who don't live with you) know this is your hobby?

Another decent turnout from $35 -

1941D
1953 (keeper!)
1956D
1959D
1985 Canadian

Upvote 0

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Hi Immy, yes the coins are quite bulky and I carry mine home in the boxes that Brinks brings them in. It helps if you can go to a bank a buy a box of each denomination so you can reuse the boxes all the time.

I do look at every date on each nickle and I sometimes look at all of the dates on the pennies,but not all of time. Just depends on my mood, however; I at least try to glance at the dates to see if there are any double dies.

A few people know that I look thru coins rolls, my grandmother, a friend of the family, and everyone here at TNET. lol ;D Also, I told the bank tellers at two banks that I search thru rolls and both of them were nice even after I told them.

Tomorrow I have to turn in a lot of coin rolls so I'm going to try to take them to a few different banks. I know my main bank is getting an attitude since last week.

b1pw3ha

May 17, 2005
Pittsburgh-Pa
I use a gym bag to carry them all. $250 in change is pretty heavy but a gym bag handles the weight pretty well.
Dimes, Quarters and nickles I just look at the edges for silver.
I search pennies one by one. It takes some time but it's fun to me so I don't mind

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use those white cloth bags that the bank will give you if you ask for them. I probably have 10 or so now. I always try to bring my own in and use but sometimes I forget and they always have one to give me :) I also use the boxes that they give as well. With quarters and dimes I search the sides for silver. With nickels and halves I search dates. With pennies I just look at the reverse for wheats/foreigns. If I were to look at every date for errors I would probably go insane,haha.

I get lots of wierds looks from my friends and anybody else who finds out that I do this, but I don't care. But then again, I also metal detected on clearwater beach last weekend with hundreds of people all around me staring at me, haha. Life goes on I guess :)

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
When doing pennies, I just look for the memorial on the back, and extract anything that is different. If the coin looks like it could be older, I look at the date, just out of curiosity. Doing nickels, I look at all the dates...you have to. I haven't done anything else thusfar.
Bringing home rolls...With pennies, I usually just get a box, and take that home. When I have a bunch of rolls, I usually either bring a walmart bag. They gave me one of those cloth bags when I got pennies a couple times ago though. It says please return to National Bank. There's no bank around with that name...so I don't know who to return it to... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions