FINALLY!!!!

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
When I got up on Fri I was determined to find the last 40% half I needed to get $100 in face value. The first two banks I stopped at only had a handful of clad each. The third bank had $450 in rolls in the vault but I would have to wait a few minutes for them to open it. I said that I had to run a quick errand and would be back then. I ran across the street to a fourth bank and asked for halves. As the teller was scouring her coworkers trays I could hear that familiar ring of silver in her hand. She put the stack of coins on the counter in front of me and I saw that silver edge. I hand her a $20 and she went to get change. I picked up the stack and hoped it wasn't a '64 (of course, that wouldn't have been bad either). I was rewarded with a '69D. After two weeks of searching I finally found the last one. What a relief! I picked up the $450 from the third bank and headed off to my regular buyer. I got a quick $300 for those halves.

Oh, and that $450 from the third bank coughed up a '67, a '64, and a '63. So I would have gotten it anyway. The first roll I opened had the Ben.

Upvote 0

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not understand. You sold $100 face of 40% silver half's for $300.

If that was the case. You were scammed / robbed badly.

Darth Walker

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Darth Walker said:

Darth Walker
If that be the case he did not do too good, that's only 1.50 per coin, last time sold on Ebay got as much as 2.69 per coin, minus fees still netted 2.42

OP
OP
E

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
Darth Walker said:

Darth Walker
Tripled my money. How does your 401k look?

OP
OP
E

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
Fistfulladirt said:
About $100 shy?
They were my coins, I can do what ever I want with them. If you think I can make more then send us the name of your guy.

OP
OP
E

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
obediah said:
Darth Walker said:
Darth Walker
If that be the case he did not do too good, that's only 1.50 per coin, last time sold on Ebay got as much as 2.69 per coin, minus fees still netted 2.42
Twenty minutes after I had that last coin, I had cash in hand. No futzing around on the internet, waiting for an auction to finish, getting paid, shipping the stuff out, etc. Me: over and done. Next box! Oh damn, did you get a dishonest buyer? Too bad. Glad I'm not you.

OP
OP
E

exnatomp

Jan 1, 2009
sneak said:
Hopefully he meant $300 over face! At current silver prices I will pay $1.50 each all day long! :wink:
Let's see. I pay 50 cents/coin and sell to you at $1.50/coin. You sell at $2.50/coin.
Your profit: 66.667%
My profit: 200%!!!!!!!!
God, I love Math.
Come on up. Maybe I'll sell to you.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your getting awful worked up........but I guess I would be worked up to if I sold all that silver for $300 !!!!!!!

I NEVER, ever sell my 40% below melt, you need to shop around for a new buyer. Last 10 rolls I sold one month ago I got $540 for....and those were 40%

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't sell mine for that low. Probly around $2.50 a coin for 40% halves. I like my silver too much

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
timbobwey said:
I wouldn't sell mine for that low. Probly around $2.50 a coin for 40% halves. I like my silver too much

Looks like Silver is gonna take a big dive any day now; wonder how long it will stay down?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
These guys are giving you pearls of wisdom. Just listen and make more money next time.

golden silver

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exnatomp

Just saying that you could profit more. You work hard to get the silver so maximize the return.

Darth Walker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread