Got another batch of half dollar rolls today -

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! It amazes me what everybody else is finding and what i am NOT finding, haha.

I got 500 in halves today and was skunked on silver. But, I did get about 20 74D's that I will search through later for errors.

I did get ONE 1964 roosevelt in $250 worth of dimes, haha, soooooo sad!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great turnout, especially the 90%-ers. I've only found three in about a year of half searching.

Today's $100 batch was a little less fruitful (1966 & 1969D) but as long as I keep hitting silver I'll stick with it!

Hey bscofield6, do you also "listen" for silver coins when you open a roll? I love their distinctive sound!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Job!! Two boxes?? Where did you get two boxes?? Everytime I go to the bank, they are limited on the number of halves they have. HH!!!

Hothgar

Aug 1, 2005
Nice work man - im jealous on the halves! I've ordered a few boxes from the fed through my bank - they all come back obviously searched. the wrappers are torn off and replaced with tape. *big thumbs down*.

Hothgar

OP
OP
E

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe88 - I have an account at a major bank (Bank One, recently bought out by Chase). I go to the same branch every time, and they order them all the time for me. They get them from the main bank here, who in turn gets them either from the federal reserve or the company that rolls them. The boxes I get are sealed, so I know they are not ones that have been gone thru. Time to time tho I will see a coin that I have seen before (some sort of unique identifying mark), so I do know that I go through coins I have searched before, but I dont worry about that as I go thru even more that I have not gone thru. To make sure I do not go thru the 1974D's again, I keep them, and will turn them in either when I quit searching rolls or if I ever go to one of the coasts (that way they will be out of circulation in my area). HH

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
Honestly! When I go to a bank (every bank) and ask them if they have any half dollars or eisenhouer dollars, they look at me like that's the stupidest question in the world! They're like "well, I have those new golden dollars, and susan b anthony dollars"....*blink*

Really though, great finds!! ;D

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
Joe88 - I have an account at a major bank (Bank One, recently bought out by Chase). I go to the same branch every time, and they order them all the time for me. They get them from the main bank here, who in turn gets them either from the federal reserve or the company that rolls them. The boxes I get are sealed, so I know they are not ones that have been gone thru. Time to time tho I will see a coin that I have seen before (some sort of unique identifying mark), so I do know that I go through coins I have searched before, but I dont worry about that as I go thru even more that I have not gone thru. To make sure I do not go thru the 1974D's again, I keep them, and will turn them in either when I quit searching rolls or if I ever go to one of the coasts (that way they will be out of circulation in my area). HH

Thanks for the info!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread